Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Me, my Guru – on perception

 


Me, my Guru – on perception




Our Guru once was telling a story when I entered the class “Duryodhana was very angry with Bhishma for suggesting Yudhishtra’s name for the coronation. He went to Bhishma and asked “In what way is Yudhishtra better than me? Why do you prefer him over me? Why can’t I be a king?”

Bhishma simply called Yudhishtra and smiled and said “You Duryodhana, go and find 5 good people in this kingdom and bring them to me.

Yudhishtra, you go and get 5 bad persons to me”.

They both left. In the evening, both came back empty-handed. Bhishma asked, “Where are the 5 that I asked you to bring?” To which Duryodhana replied, “There are only cheaters, thugs, and useless scoundrels in our kingdom. I couldn’t find even one good person to bring to you”.


When Bhishma turned to Yudhishtra, he replied “Sir, I searched far and wide but found all to be kind, generous and hard-working. They all are good people. I couldn’t find even one bad person to bring to you”. 

Contd.....

# on perception, point of view, seeing good in others, Buddha and buddhu, you are what you see, outer world reflection of inner world, Duryodhana, Bhishma, Yudhishtra, Mahabharat - Great epic of India

also read previous post on this topic for added clarity: https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2017/05/wisdom-over-greed-me-my-guru.html 

needless to say read the entire post by continuing to click 'newer post' at the bottom of the link given above till it comes to an end....so many points in each day's post.....

get back to me with your insights, observations, comments....bye the way, read the comments too - some of them yours maybe but worth going back to your own comments - they speak a lot on your behalf.......

Helpful tips:

This anecdote is from Mahabharata - One of the two great epics of Vedic Philosophy popularly known as Hinduism. Any sensible Hindu would approach these Epics to get answers to his questions of this life and above too! Sage Vyasa after writing the Mahabharata had proclaimed "What isn't in this Mahabharata wouldn't happen in this World. All that is in this World is found here!"

As a kid I thought "What audacity!" and I was floored at this Sage's audacity. How high can one's arrogance be when it is based on Truth?

Points to ponder:

  • Buddha sees buddha everywhere and in everyone.
  • And the impure will see impurity in everyone. 
  • The flawed will see flaws in everyone.
  • You are what you read - know that to be true!
  • People are just mirrors reflecting who you truly are!
To understand this point given is a link https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/search?q=prince+sugar read this old post and your queries will be answered

  • If one is unable to see good in the other (within one's circle) then may be that one needs to go within and check on his own feelings and nature...??

1 comment:

Kshitija said...

Yesterday initially when I read the post in the morning. I was not clear about the understanding but as the day proceeded these words came into experience. That is when I realised oh these were the words of blog today . Thank you for the wonderful guidance