Thursday, May 4, 2017

Wisdom over greed - Me, My Guru



Wisdom over greed

Me, My Guru


I had couple of days of holidays and having nothing significant to do, thought would clean my writing desk. This was my sacred space and everyone in the house knew it. I didn’t let anyone clean it. No one dare touch it too. I smiled at the thought of fear instilled in others by this ‘principle’ of mine. I felt good! Yes people should know my boundaries and know not to cross it too! I was sort of proud of power over them.


Though I considered this space as ‘My space’ no place in the house actually was messier than this! This was my special space and yet....well, artists are known to and forgiven of their clumsy surrounding. I smiled at the way I
addressed myself as ‘an artist’. This actually ‘irritated’ my family but well, that was their problem. I wrote here, I wrote all the proceedings of our class, my thoughts, my inner turmoil – well was I not a writer? What if it wasn’t published? I didn’t let these small details spoil the joy of me assuming myself as a ‘writer’.




My writings were all scattered on the desk. Many papers had to be sorted and filed too! Today was going to be a very long tiring day. But at the end of the day, I knew the all sorted papers and files would allow me to take pride in using the day very productively. Just the picture of that evening gave me ripples of joy and smile spread all over my face.

Family members were so used to this exercise and my behavioural pattern that now they hardly noticed it. They just let me be.


First 15mts or so was very productive what with me being very energetic and enthusiastic about this ‘janma bhoomi’ programme (that of cleaning and clearing the space). Quite some time passed and I knew I had completed lots of work and need a tea-break. I looked at the watch and it said ‘only hour since you started cleaning’. I thought it was lying. I didn’t like my clock. Now it made me feel and question my need for tea-break. But then, who was I answerable to? It is not how long I worked that mattered but how much. Yes, quite number of papers was sorted. I did deserve that break. Moreover today was my ‘holiday’. Yes, and I had right to pamper myself a bit. I shouted for my cup of tea to be brought.


Contd.....

No comments: