Monday, May 1, 2017

On knowing self! Me, My Guru


On knowing self!


Me, My Guru


....contd......


Our Guru came and took her seat silently and went into meditation. We aped her. When we opened our eyes, actually I felt relieved of the knotty feeling I was carrying in my stomach since two days. I looked at others to notice ‘pleasant’ look on their faces too. She hadn’t talked. She didn’t explain anything. She hadn’t healed (or that’s what we thought!) and yet by simply closing our eyes and doing meditation we felt relieved of our burden. I had tried it at home for the past two days and without any benefit and now......Is this what is called ‘Guru’s effect’?

“You look a bit disturbed” our Guru asked Shreya directly without going through any pleasantries. She usually never went through the small talk. At first I used to think it was rude on her part but now I knew it to be different. She didn’t talk because it was expected of her as a formality. She used her voice only to explain or say something substantial. I never heard her say “Oh, isn’t it cute?”, “it’s so hot today, isn’t it?” or something as common as “so, how’s everything?”. There never were vague or unnecessary questions or statements made by her. Coming to think of it, it reduced so much of ‘waste talk’ (as I understand later!)


“One of my relative called me ‘selfish’ and you know I am not. It’s hurting me so much. I tried to explain but no one was listening. I feel so frustrated and angry. I mean, how can someone call me ‘selfish’? In so many years, is this what they have understood about me? Is this what they think of me?” blurted Shreya crying. It must’ve been very raw wound and it seemed to hurt her a lot. I could understand that. I was in her shoes since couple of days. Even I’ve been called ‘arrogant’ by someone close by me. It hurt. I mean we presume people whom we call family knows us but here these were the people who were assigning all these ‘wrong labels’ on us!


...contd.....

No comments: