Friday, May 19, 2017

Ask and it shall be given - Me, My Guru


Contd.....

Ask and it shall be given! 


“So you think I am praying wrong. If I say ‘forgive me’. I’ll receive abundance in my life and my problems will vanish” demanded Pallavi. She was always so. Her voice was sweet but her words were insulting and everyone could see greed, selfishness ad envy oozing out of her word!

“It’s not your prayer that is wrong but your intentions and attitude” mumbled Rahul. We in our group knew that and we laughed in hushed voices.

“No, no don’t get your intentions to me. Check it for yourself. Ask what you desire. And remember you’ll receive as per your desire, worthiness and attitude. That’s all!” so saying our Guru left indoors. She seemed to get a phone call.

This was so common. The moment she said anything about ‘intention’ everyone scribbled their ‘lists’ and gave it to her. Their selfishness no longer surprised us, but, it irritated us a lot. Why we always take our ‘Guru’ to be our ‘on the call’ secretary/jinn of Alauddin/cleaner (of our karma) and also a punch bag to receive our brick-bats as per our moods? This was something very unforgiving on our part and yet all did it – all because they called her ‘Guruji’. People should sincerely check the ‘definition of Guru as per their dictionary’ by going into silence.


But we sat and put our heads to understand what that story had to offer to us. Each gave his insight – which most of it was right but only partly. We understood what we ought to only when we put all our insights in one place.

No comments: