Friday, May 5, 2017

Wisdom and greed - Me, My Guru

Wisdom and greed - Me, My Guru

Contd.....

I sat back with my tea cup and took a sheet of paper from the pile. It was dated long back. I had written it 7 years ago. I couldn’t believe it. This was amusing and interesting. What had I written then? I started reading as I sipped my tea. Why did Zen people say we had sit silently and sip tea with total concentration? Where was fun in it? Sipping tea reading something that you loved was the way to ‘nirvana’. I need to explain that to those Zen people some day. But for now I read through my yesteryears’ thoughts.. “I was bored today”. God! This seemed to be one thing common in my life since then – boredom, well “Didn’t feel like doing anything”. Even today I felt same. So, I haven’t changed. Wow! But wait! Is it good or bad? Certainly good! If I assumed it to be bad, it would ruin my entire day. No. Today, I wanted it to be perfect. So, I decide it is good that I haven’t changed. I continue reading “I was bored today. Didn’t feel like doing anything in particular and in order to while my time I
thought of catching up with my old friends – actually my school
mates. Couple of calls later it was decided that few of us were to meet at potti’s place. His name actually was Srinivas but what with every other guy named Srinivas, we called each with his nickname and it stuck till date. Funnily no one was finally called Srinivas at all! (I smiled as I recollected these details). As was my habit though it was decided that we meet around noon, I ended up being there at around 2pm. When I opened the door I found all of them watching TV seriously. I shouted ‘hi’ cheerfully only to receive ‘sshhhh’ and ‘just shut your mouth and watch (and in vernacular language that sounded so.....) from them. I did. They were watching ‘Indian Jones Movie’. I hadn’t seen it before and my friends knowing my habit of not watching classic movies made me sit and watch it. It almost was in the end. I would anyhow not make head or tail of it. Being bored but forced, I sat there staring at the TV. Even though I wasn’t interested Nature seemed to work through my Guru to teach me, that I understood when the scene hit me. The scene was something like this “A man is trying to save his girlfriend who has fallen into the pit by holding her hand. But she is not ready to let go off ‘the holy grail’ and hence dies falling into the pit/crevice. By this time the man has fallen into the pit and is in the same position as his girlfriend was. His father – Sean Connery holds his hand and says calmly, simply “Indiana, let go” and his son – Harrison Ford let go’s of ‘the holy grail’ and he is saved”.

Acting of Sean Connery and Harrison Ford – par excellence! What voice modulation and what dialogues! Simple words – ‘Indiana, let  it go!’ and it tells all. No lecture, no shouting - Very powerful scene all together. From cinematic point of view I could go on and on. This scene forced me to go to watch the movie from beginning to end. 





contd......

No comments: