Sunday, May 7, 2017

On knowing self -Me, My Guru



On knowing self -Me, My Guru


Contd.....

A man filled with lust sees object of his desire everywhere and a Buddha sees Buddha in everyone!

And hence Ravana saw ‘object of desire’ in Mother Sita. The fault was not in Sita ma. It was in his eyes and character. Like-wise, Buddha saw ‘a divine soul’ in a highway dacoit – Angulimaan who went on to become one of his best and Enlightened disciples. A sadhak can get ‘message from his Guru/divine’ even from a film. I experienced it. We just had to be tuned to our Guru’s vibrations and they have their own way to reach and teach us. This I call as ‘play way of method’ of her teaching.  


In similar situations, I had pitied her so many times for patiently teaching us and coaxing us to understand ‘the teachings’. Not this time! I didn’t pity her. Neither was I angry with self. I felt gratitude for all the love that our Guru exhibited through her teachings. Yes love found its expression through minute excuses. And what did I give in return - A bland and a routine ‘thankyou maam’ which sounded more mechanical than genuine now even to my ears. I had to live her words. I had to ‘let go’ off my causes of pain by simply applying her time tested techniques. I by living a life of abundance gave her one of the best gifts.

She said ‘don’t argue, defend or justify’. Now I saw it. We didn’t
let go because we had our reasons to hold on to our hurts. Yes, the other did hurt and insult us. They don’t understand us. We justify our emotions of pain, hurt by their actions. It wasnt’ as if ‘she didn’t understand’. She did and hence gave this simple technique “don’t justify or defend’. If I didn’t justify my emotions then the talk of him (the one who hurt) didn’t arise and then how could I go on in this ‘pain trip?”. She wanted just that. She wanted us to get down that train that took us to ‘hell of pain and suffering’. And all I need to do was ‘stop defending and justifying’.


Once this continuous chatter of others being wrong and us being right stops we are in a space of silence that reflects our Nature to us! That’s what was our question “how do I know and understand self?” she had bundled all our issues under one head and gave a simple panacea of tip “Stop defending and justifying” and thereby ‘letting go’ and automatically entering the ‘Me Zone’.


God – it was so obvious and yet I had wasted all these years. Even if I had simply followed her ‘do’s and don’ts’ it could’ve brought me here long back!


Well. Better late than never!

No comments: