Tuesday, May 2, 2017

On knowing self - Me, My Guru


On knowing self - Me, My Guru



...contd.....

It hurt more when the person was someone whom you counted as your own!  

“What exactly is the cause of your pain?” our Guru asked.

“Sorry, we didn’t get your question” we said.

“What is the cause of your pain? Is it them calling you ‘selfish’ or you not being that or they misunderstanding you? Which one hurt you?” she asked.

We were confused. I mean “are they not related?”

“They all are inter-connected” said Shreya after a while.

“No, though they seem to” replied our Guru “See, if you are ‘selfish’ then it shouldn’t matter as they just said the Truth. If it is not so, then also it shouldn’t matter as it is not true. It just means they don’t understand you. That’s all! Here you don’t seem to be hurt by their misunderstanding instead you are hurt that you are labelled so. Am I right?”

We nodded our heads.

“Then my explanation is enough to make you see reason – right?” she asked.

“yes” said Shreya.


We were silent for a while. Shreya seemed to be going through our Guru’s explanation mentally. Few minutes later she said “Actually Guru my pain is not because of these reasons. I’ve healed these many times and now these reasons don’t seem to effect me much. What confuses me and irritates me is the fact that I know I am not selfish and yet seem to be affected by those labels. I am also confused if what I think about myself is different from what I actually am. Maybe, I am not able to see my ‘real nature’ myself! How do I work on that?” she asked.

contd.........

2 comments:

Mona said...

I just cant believe the coincidence of my thoughts showing up here everyday. :-)

Vaibhav said...

Wonderful Question by character called shreya..