Friday, May 12, 2017

On writing Diary – Me, My Guru



On writing Diary – Me, My Guru

After completion of my work if I had time, I always ended up being at Tank-bund (it’s a small water body, a famous landmark in Hyderabad City). In between my hectic schedules, I always found time (say even 10mts at times to spend at Tank-bund if I was to cross it. So many times hopping from one appointment to another I had stopped at Tank Bund just to enjoy sunset. This place took me to a different zone. Today I had completed my work early and could go early by 2hrs. No point going home so soon. The routine could wait. What with busy life-style, I hardly get time to stand and stare! So, I gave myself 1/2an hour or so at TankBund. I relished tea served by a small boy selling it to all by-standers there. Pity this place was so full of only ‘lovebirds’. Whenever I had stood here with my friend even if only for 10mts I would feel uncomfortable! Now I had grown indifferent to such feelings. These people no longer existed in my mind space. I was alone with the waters and the cold wind that played with my hair. This difference I credited to my diary writing. Many times, my family and friends had made fun of my writing. But I continued. This was one exercise I did sincerely since the day I met our Guru.




In the first class, she had said “Jot down your journey in a diary. Few years down the line you’ll be amazed at the journey you’ve made and experience you’ve had!” that was the only thing I picked from that class. She told lots of things but I found this easiest to do. Pranayam, meditation and reiki were far boring and hard tasks for me to do. But writing seemed easy, fun had it gave me a sense of being in ‘sadhan’. Even today I hardly meditated. That was only in ‘her’ presence.


Contd.....

1 comment:

Kshitija said...

Thank you for helping me to solve the puzzle called life