Monday, April 13, 2009

The Journey Within!

The Search…

कस्तुरी कुंडल बसे, मृग ढूंढे बन मा ही
Musk-deer carries a perfume in its body but tries to search for it in the forest…….

Similarly,
I RUN as A musk-deer runs in the shadow of the forest mad with his own perfume.
I lose my way and I wander.
I seek what I cannot get, I get what I do not seek.
From my heart comes out and dances the image of my own desire.
I try to clasp it firmly, it eludes me and leads me astray.
I seek what I cannot get, I get what I do not seek.

Day after day I work so hard to get what I presume would keep me happy and satisfied only to find I feel empty inspite of being filled with things that I worked so hard to get!

Am I working for such of things that I don’t need? If so, why am I working so hard for these things? Because every other person seems to be….. and the majority has got to be right! (Belief system that needs to be worked on..) or is it because I haven’t taken time to look within and know myself. Only when I know myself will I be able to know what I want and why. As long as I don’t know where to go, it doesn’t matter where I go and for how long. I end up going nowhere inspite of taking pains to be on the go…..


No doubt MAN is considered a fool for wanting it cold when it is hot,
And hot when it is cold! He wants anything except what he has!

Take time to Look within……..trust me, it’s worth the try…..

revathi

6 comments:

POORNA said...

hi all
i wish you all a happy tamil new year! let your journey within be a successful and an exciting one!!!

mohan said...

I am a very humble person.
There are so many things in this world but after thinking for a long time....i found that I want only one thing....

HAPPINESS

Am I not humble...?

monali said...

Wish u the same Poorna :-)

Ma'm!!!! i just cant believe you gave the musk deer example. I heard this from my mother when i was a kid and it got stuck in my head.
Everytime i'm upset about something i havent got, i give it a try, only to realise that everything you are worth is right there inside you. You just have to start lookin inside, rather than looking at every person/ situation in the world to blame. :-)

mohan said...

Guruji Guruji...

I am not sure how many people have understood what you have written.......

People always look outside for their wants...
they don't know what to look for within....

hoping that others are successful in looking within....

padmaja said...

When we experience a deeper meditation, we not only feel calmness and silence but also a greater understanding, sensibility and creativity .When we meditate, we don't restrain ourselves from the world but we get attached to it in a special way that is deeper and perfect. The silence guides us to the regions of love and forgiveness, where we mould into better persons with a more loving nature. There we develop in ourselves, peace that gives us wisdom and humility.
We, therefore, will be rejuvenated of eternal spirit in this journey of internal peace and silence. As we are in the process of discovering and recognizing silence, it channels us to the path of universal love in our spiritual life.

padmaja said...

We all want to achieve peace but this is not simple to do,and not because it is impossible but because the human being lives in a very artificial world that confuses us and makes us loose the sence of reality.Then we starts calling harmony and peace to power,control,luxury and vanity and we does not realize that we are fallen into a moral trap Neverthleless HARMONY and PEACE may be closer than we think.......