Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Healing and happiness



The best place to start is always the beginning. and the beginning is always OM the simplest remainder of gratitude for all that we are, for all that we have and for all that we seek to be.....

Yesterday, I met Nirmala who had been bitten by a dog few months back. she showed me that she couldn't fold all of her fingers completely. she is going for physio-therapy to have a hold on her fingers. and to think just 3-4 months back she must have thought it funny to go to a therapist to learn how to use your own fingers. "After loosing my ability to use my fingers at my will i knew how much i had then " she said. do we all need to lose something that we take for granted in life, be it usage of our body parts, normal functioning of our body, the people being alive in our lives, having 3 square meals a day not to forget the umpteen cups of chai (Hyderabadi can't live without one every hour u see) and like , to understand how much rich we are in reality? how much we have in abundance? 

Validating all that we have let's us to kneel down in gratitude for all that we have taken for granted. it also tells us the riches we are endowed with. it reminds us of the opulence that we did not experience because we got it unasked for and we never worked for it....

Goals help us to work towards all such needs and fulfillment that we wish to experience...but let us start from the sense of abundance, the right place where we are rather than start from the list of "not having things in life..."....just to understand the difference between the two statements let's make a small exercise....make a list of things that u have and are enjoying...all including the gift of computer, internet, eyes, literacy et all....think , think and then fill it... take others help in filling the list of things that u have....

now make a list of things that u don't have... compare them..........
as you seek to open up , i bid you farewell

revathi

17 comments:

C Manjussha said...

A sense of gratitude help us develop into a humble person.

padmaja said...

Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be happy -- because we will always want to have something else or something more.

vijayalakshmi said...

every minute in gratitude it helps more and more in developing ourselves

padmaja said...

its embracing love dat should emerge 4m deep with in.
limitless nd infinite,
without barriers,
without boundaries,
without any expectations,
without any rewards,
is dat love dat has 2b shared,
love dat should b spread,
continuously nd graciously,
generously nd universally,
into da wide wide world.

RAGAS said...

I cursed myself for not having shoes, till I found a man without legs!
I cursed myself for not having Rolex watch, till I found a man without both the hands!
I cursed myself for not having a pair of goggles, till I found a man without eye sight!
I cursed myself for not having God's gift everyday in my life, till I realised that it is my turn now to give return gift to Him for whatever he has given me so far!
Even if I started now, it would take years for me to repay Him for ALL that he had done in our life!!!!

padmaja said...

our emotion is a kind of energy with a certain frequency.it wil go in2 da cosmic energy field,find da exact energy dat matches dafrequency of our emotions nd bring them close to us in da form of an an oppertunity or a group of supporting people.its reiki as a form of gratitude holding al our hearts as one.

padmaja said...

A humanbeing is oart of da whole called by us UNIVERSE,a part limited in time nd space.we experience ourselves,our thoughts nd feelings as something separate from da rest.A kind of optical delusion is a kind of prision 4 us.restricting us 2 our personal desires nd 2 affection 4 a few persons 2 us.our task must b 2 free ourselves 4m da prision by widening our circle of compassion 2 embrace all living creatures nd da whole of nature in its beauty.we shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is 2 survive.

spark said...

Revathi mam's blogs are blessings in disguise.

padmaja said...

Da awareness of life i hv learnd through our revathy mam.i thank mam 4 creating a life change through dis blog.

padmaja said...

The power of love to elevate our consciousness is limitless.da seers sugest dat it is love that is our true essence.wn we experience love in its purest form we revel in its indescribable transformative power.

padmaja said...

Ultimately everything becomes boring.even great miracles becomes boring.even the tremendous powers of the cosmic gods becomes boring.even god the omniscient becomes boring.but,but,but god the all love never becomes boring never.

padmaja said...

Hi

R.Vaibhav Lal said...

"Let us start with the sense of gratitude for the things which we already have unasked for.." was really a very good line.. Never such thought came in my mind...

REVATHI said...

If someone had said i would write for so many years and so many posts I wouldn't have believed it and i am sure i wouldn't have signed up for this - and yet here i am with you after all these years.....
just start walking in the right direction and let the path decide how much to walk ....

Supriya said...

🙏… I still remember those days when you were preparing to start this journey(kantipadam). When you started the blog, I was very happy because this was a very convenient way of listening from you.

Understanding your posts and following it has been a journey in itself for me. I don’t think I would have thought at that time that this journey would last this long and become a part of my day to day life.

Here’s to celebrating and hoping for many more years of blogging!

Congratulations Maam! Your efforts have created an impact, at least in my life!

Love and light!
Supriya

Kshitija said...

Thank you I was going through the post and wanted to visit the start . Then I came to this post and the post was about count your blessings and lo I found each and every aspect of my life had been a blessing. The biggest blessing of my life is reiki which has changed my life for better

Kshitija said...

I have started making a list of the things I have and things I do not have .
I have started comparing them it has become daily task of mine when ever I remember some thing I keep adding to both the sides.
When I am writing the things I have I have noticed
1. The blessings I have in my life .
2 . Wonderful people in my life .
3. Abundance is everywhere.

As I am writing the things I don’t have .
1. I have noticed that some of the aspects such as own house , savings are the things to work upon .
2. Most of the other things are un wanted ie I can be happy in spite of not having them such as new crockery set ( I have many a new one is not needed)