Sunday, March 22, 2009

You can never lose it all!

Everything’s for good!

Anger, irritation, frustration and agitation also stem from the fact that my situation is not to my liking / things are not happening to my liking. The latest reason or excuse being recession too! Every adversity carries with it an equal or greater blessing. Every need of mine requests immediate gratification. But Reiki has better plans for long run – always.

YOUR LITTLE HUT

The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island. He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him. Every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming.

Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect himself from the elements, and to store his few possessions. But then one day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, the smoke rolling up to the sky.

The worst had happened ~ everything was lost. He was stunned with grief and anger. "God, how could you do this to me?" he cried. Early the next day, however, he was wakened by the sound of a ship that was approaching the island. It had come to rescue him. "How did you know I was here?" asked the weary man of his rescuers. "We saw your smoke signal," they replied.

It's easy to get discouraged sometimes when things appear to be going badly. But we shouldn't lose heart, because God is at work in our lives, even in the midst of pain and suffering. Remember, next time your little hut is burning to the ground, it is just a smoke signal that summons the grace of God.

For all the negative things we have to say to ourselves, God has a positive answer for it. Pass this story on, you never know whose life may be in need of this today. Believe me, there are some days when we all feel that our huts are burning.

Whether we know it or not, God is at work. Whether we believe it or not, God is at work. Whether we understand it or not, God is at work.

Every prayer of mine has wonderful words and emotions too at times. If only my prayers had TRUST too in them! I would be more at peace with the happenings of my life! I want to do things and when they don’t work out to my taste I get angry. Trust in the Lord and surrendrance would have automatically put me at peace and calm because I know once I do my bit (completely and honestly) I can leave the rest to his doing.

Leaving you for now to develop Trust, I retire peacefully for now,

revathi

3 comments:

suvarchala said...

yes many times I ve experienced that whatever happened has happened for good,and ofcourse thats going to happen will be good.

padmaja said...

The things happening with us always teach us about life.i agree with suvarchala mam

Radhika said...

Dear Mam,

As always I have lot many experiences to share :) today afternoon my husband called me saying that again his boss had asked him to go to mumbai on an official visit for 2 weeks which might extend for 2 months as well like the last visit...i was as usual unhappy coz I wanted him to attend my brothers wedding, etc & took the help of Manjusha & my aunt n had done reiki for his stay in Hyderabad keeping his job secured, etc..
Evening he conveyed the message that his boss had allowed him to stay back in Hyderabad & would look for another resource for the project in Mumbai which was most unexpected :)

I was trilled :) thank u Manjusha for all the support, thank u Mam for teaching me the most important thing which is now part of my life, (cannot imagine my life without Reiki now :) as life has become so smooth to live for me & ple around me.. unlike before) thank u Supriya for introducing Revathi Mam last but not the least THANK U GURUJI, THANK U REIKI..