Friday, March 20, 2009

Ask - it shall be given!

The Saint

In my youth I once visited a saint in his silent grove beyond the hills; and as we were conversing upon the nature of virtue a king came limping wearily up the ridge. When he reached the grove, he knelt down before the saint and said, ‘O saint, I would be comforted! My sins are heavy upon me.”

And the saint replied, “My sins, too, are heavy upon me.”

And the king said, “But I am a thief and a plunderer.”

And the saint replied, “I too am a thief and a plunderer.”

And the king said, “But I am a murderer, and in my ears cries the blood of many men.”

And the saint replied ,”So have I.”

And the king replied, “but I have committed countless crimes.”

And the saint replied, “I too have committed crimes without number.”

Then the King stood up and gazed at the saint, and there was a strange look in his eyes. And when he left us he went skipping down the hill.

And I turned to the saint and said, “Why did you accuse yourself of uncommitted crimes? Don’t you see he no longer believes nor respects you?”

The saint smiled and replied, “True. He no longer believes nor respects me. But he is comforted. And that’s all he asked for!”

Strange indeed are the ways of Gurus and Masters. And they so verily give only that which is asked for!

revathi

2 comments:

Yogesh said...

Sridhar's sister (Lavanya), Recently had blood vomitings. Everybody were tensed regarding it. We passed on this message to our reiki group. Now she is completely fine and the reports are also positive. Thanks to reiki and Thanks to Guruji

vijayalakshmi said...

‘Miracles Do Happenand,
They Happen to Those,
Who are Positively Positive.’