Wednesday, November 12, 2014

God



Qualities of God


Refer to post dt.: Thursday, October 9, 2014 and comment ..."is only one night for the Almighty". What does the above line exactly mean? I mean Day & Night also looks like Dwanda's.. like joy-sorrow,profit-loss. We often quote saying that God is above Dwanda's then what is the actual meaning of Day & Night of God's World? Over that as far as I know, Sleep is related to Tamasic Guna.. then what does God do during this so called "Night"..
Can you please explain this mam?

(Such question make me realize that you are not just looking at blog, but reading it minutely and looking at minute details which is squeezed along with the general explanation. Nice!

I’ll explain this, but remember, if you try to understand it with senses it is no understanding. You start with senses no doubt – but move on to your core – slowly but surely. Don’t think if you’ve understood an example which is of this world as complete understanding. Example is a finger I am suing to point at the ‘Absolute’. The pointer cannot be the pointed. Example can’t be the explanation. It’s only a simile or a metaphorical way of understanding – but real understanding comes only through sadhan – so how much ever you understand the word, the essence can’t be through the words. That should be done only through sadhan. So, please, I repeat please stick to Sadhan (sadhan means regular spiritual practices like reiki, pranayamam (breathing exercises), meditation et like) regularly – doesn’t matter ½ an hour or 1 hr but preferably daily – which will eventually connect you to understand what I am trying to explain intuitively.

Vaibhav, your question has the answer in it. You’ve stated God is above ‘dwandas’ i.e., duality and that how can God have night?

First what is duality – it is good/bad, cold/hot, hate/love – these are the qualities. And yes, HE is ‘above qualities’ – ‘Gunatheetha’ but night is time zone and that is not quality or attitude. Night is not HIS nature. Confused? O.k. assume me going above good/bad, cold/hot etc, will time not exist for me? Night will still exist for me. I’ll still go through nature’s cycle of day/night, seasons etc. didn’t night not exist for Krishna, Sai baba or Devas? No, time did exist for them too. Time is related to nature and it is a natural phenomena that is independent of the individuals. It exists for all. Then how is God above time – like you and me, past doesn’t hold him nor future unknown to him. He doesn’t have a beginning or an end. That way HE’s above dualities but still Day and Night exist in the Universe. It’s like saying since saint and sinner are same for me they stop existing in the world – because for me they both mean the same. Is it clear? 

They both mean the same doesn’t mean that stop existing or behaving the way they are. It just means I behave the same way with both. Their effect on me is nil. Clear?

….contd……..

1 comment:

R Vaibhav said...

I have understood somepart of what you have said regarding Sleep,Gods Night etc..

Thank You Mam...

May be I can understand and relate more If I keep reading again and again what you have written. :)