Sunday, November 30, 2014

On being humble



....contd.............

"Then Sir, you can take this"..she ran to the shelf where I had searched for 30 minutes, removed the books in the front and came out with a Book in Tamil.
"This one in Tamil by N.Sivaraman by Indu Publications infact is simple and wonderfull. You have the Sanskrit Text too inside."

My God! Why did I under estimate such a Genius. Just because of my Arrogance that I am an NRI. Or Just because I presumed such a Black, dark complexioned, gullible girl, who would have come for this job out of absolute poverty, wouldn't have any idea of "Thatva Bodha".

I decided to change my attitude and realized that I am absolutely an 'Idiot' at this moment in front of this wonderful girl and submitted myself in all humility. "Madam, I really don't have any idea of even who wrote Thatva Bodha' till yesterday. I just attended a lecture on this subject and was fascinated by the lecture and hence....."

"Did you attend Goda Venkateswara Sastri's lecture in Bharathiya Vidya Bhavan*?*"
"Oh God. How did you know*?*"
"He regularly takes classes on such subjects. In fact he is one of the best Sir, in the city on such subjects."
"You are interested in such subjects*?*"
"Yes Sir, I read a lot about Swami Vivekan anda and Ramakrishna and Thathva Bodha incidentally is my favourite Subject"
"Do you mean to say you have read Thatva Bodha*?*"
"I have read this one by Sivaraman. Once you read it you won't feel like keeping that book on the table at all."

"Why what is so great about this Book*?*"
"Sir,you must be joking that you don't know about 'Thatva Bodha'."
"Really. I accept my ignorance."

My wife was watching from the corner, admiring all her CD collections.

No comments: