Thursday, April 2, 2009

Homam

Jai shree Gajanand Maharaj ki!

Along with the creation of the universe the Almighty Father revealed the ultimate knowledge to the mankind in the form of the Vedas. The word Veda originates from the Sanskrit Verbal root ‘Vid” meaning to know. ‘Vedas’ mean pure knowledge. This revelations was made in a very subtle manner in the hearts of pure and pious minded Rishis. Rishi means seer. Vedas are not composed. Vedas is the knowledge of the Divine. It does not belong to any particular religion or faith.

The five fold path of the Sanathana Dharma (Eternal Religion) is the essence of Vedas.

· Yagnya (Agnihotra) – for the purification of atmosphere
· Daan-sharing of assets in the spirit of humility
· Tapa (Self Discipline)
· Karma (Right Action)
· Swadhyaya (Self Study) for liberation

You may follow any religion under the sun. You may choose to be an atheist too! But to become a perfect member of your own society you should first be a good human being with pure and peaceful mind. That is inculcated in you by the Agnihotra.

It is just not one more of the ritual. It’s main purpose is to develop the surrendrance to the ultimate knowledge and to drop our greatest enemy – ego.

While practicing Agnihotra we chant ‘Idam Na Mama’ that is ‘Not Mine, Thy will be done’. This slowly helps you to drop your greatest foe ego and prepares you for liberation.

Few Benefits of performing Agnihotra in every house would be:
· Agnihotra is performed at sunset and sunrise which is referred to as ‘Transitional Moments’. Vedas describe this particular period of Time as the ‘Passage of Liberation’. When we cross a river, we look for a shallow place. This is called as ‘Tirtha Sthan’. Similarly, the fathomless unending ocean of miserable worldly life is shallow at the transitional moments of Sunrise and Sunset. Every man follows a particular pattern of breathing during the period of sunrise to sunset to sunrise. Exactly at the time of transition, they too are in a the process of transition during which short time the ‘Sushumna’ nadi is active. We are performing Agnihotra at this time to get maximum benefits.
· It creates pure, clean and medicinal atmosphere.
· It cleanses the negative effects of pollution.
· It spreads the vibrations of peace and love and cleanses the Prana.
· Medicinal properties in the Agnihotra atmosphere restrict the growth and spread to pathogenic bacteria.
· The sacred ash from Agnihotra has beneficial effects on Agriculture. Many farms in and outside India have benefited from their use. Fertilizers and pesticides have been done away with.
· The unending ‘healing cycle’ and the protection cycle is formed in the house and the areas where it is regularly performed.

And the benefits are more…I request all those of you who are practicing Agnihotra to come out with your experiences (don’t label them as big or small). Experience is an experience. Share with one and all here on the blog too!

Suggest Agnihotra to non-Reiki channels too! Even they will be benefited hugely. Reiki channels have an added advantage of awareness and can feel the vibratory shifts happening around during and after the Homam.

For detailed know-how log on to www.agnihotraindia.com

Agnihotra House in Hyderabad
Malkajgiri - 27052812
Badichowdi – 87564798,27622035
Kalikabar – 24415969
L.b. Nagar – 23098640

The telephone nos. are 10 years old. I am not sure if they are still functioning. And PLEASE call them between 9.00 AM – 10.30 AM and 4.00-6.00 PM only. PLEASE don’t disturb them at odd hours. They are doing a huge SEVA to the society. Respect their timings and their work. Log on to their website or email :shivpuri@pn3.vsnl.net.in for further queries.

This information has been given on Ms.Padmaja’s request. Hope it serves the purpose for which she wanted it!

Those of you who are not yet practicing, I hope will buck up, stop giving any further excuses and start doing Agnihotra right from today…

Wishing to see Agnihotra bestow its “Abhuyudaya” and mental peace to you,
thank you guruji Ganjanand Swamiji and thank you all the Rishis


revathi

6 comments:

padmaja said...

Thanq mam for giving all da needy information. to all.first time i saw homam at our REAVATHI MAM'S house when i attended CRYSTAL HEALING CLASS.Iwas very intrested and took vijji's help and purchased.from that day i am doing homam regularly.and experiencing all the MIRACLES.One week back in the evening after compleating homam i was scanning vijji i found a black ring around her.i senced it as high negative energies.immediatly i called her to ask ,she said her small son is passing through past karma and she started healing recently.after homam every person feels pleasant who ever visits our house.

C Manjussha said...

I started doing Agnihotra homam since 3 months the first day after I performed Agnihotra I went into deep meditation and when i opened my eyes i saw the whole room filled with subtle smoke which is not visible in normal vision. Only I was able to see that and nobody else in the family were able to see it and i also saw sparks. The same night as soon as I went to sleep, I saw the X-ray vision of my face. Once I saw X-ray vision of my hands and sometimes I saw pink smoke filling the room.... there are many such miracles I experienced after I started doing Reiki and Agnihotra. Thanks Mam!! Thanks Reiki!!! Thanks Agnihotra!!! Above all Thanks God for giving this opportunity to experience such wonderful things in life which i NEVER expected in my life.

sonia said...

I have been performing the Agnihotra homam for the past 6 months regularly. Initially, only once a week, as I was working. But now, I perform the homam twice a day on most days of the week. About a month ago, C Manjussha spent a day at my home. She has high levels of clairvoyance. While we were performing the homam in the evening, she saw the vision of a meditating Lord Shiva in my home.From then on, even though, I did not have the vision, I am happy that my home has divine presence.I have noticed that peoples' negative behaviour has reduced to a great extent when they are at my home. Along with the many benefits of homam, one can also make one’s home a temple by regularly performing the homam. Thank u Reiki! Thanku Agnihotra!

Anonymous said...

Greetings Revathi Mam,

I had below contact details of Agnihotra House, thought this would be useful for anyone. Few are same as you posted

Agnihotra House
4-5-528,
Badi Chowdi,
Hyderabad - 500027.

Ph: 9392464987
9849777896

Malkajgiri : 9849434528
040-27052812

New Website : http://www.vishwafoundation.com/

Old Website : www.agnihotraindia.com

Anonymous said...

Here is the page from which you can find out the exact timings on which you have to perform Ahuthi in the Agnihotra.

http://www.vishwafoundation.com/timing-sheet/?Town=Hyderabad&Latitude=17.385044&Longitude=78.486671&TimeDiff=+5.5

Agnihotra can be started say around 5-10 mins earlier than the time stated .

This link is for Hyderabad area.You can enter your location on same page and get your local sunrise/sunset timings :)

Supriya said...

Maam,

I have been periodically reading this post to get directions.

Firstly, you mentioned these points in the class, but it is taking me a while to wrap my head around each of it.

Secondly, I remember you mentioning the agnihotra house in one of the classes. But, at that time I did not visit the place. When you had us do the homam in November of 2021, I looked back at this post. I looked up Vishwa Global’s website and found the simple method of doing homam at home. At that time, I did with whatever I found at my house and in my local stores. It was so simple and the experience was so profound that I wanted to do it regularly. As soon as my desire to do homam grew, I found websites with local agnihotra groups/people that supply the necessary products for agnihotra homam at reasonable cost.

I cannot thank you enough maam for posting information that I can easily access without bothering you much. Everything I need is here. I need to periodically keep reading it, processing it and including it in my routine.

Love and light!
Supriya