Wednesday, April 15, 2009

At the Beginning was....

The When and How?

With not much response from all of you I thought I would drop writing in the blog. Just when I told Vijyalakshmi the other day I am going to stop writing blog, I get wonderful feedbacks and beautiful and meaningful questions posed. Well, I suppose that could keep me going for some more time …..

Padmaja had written “happiness and peace may be within our reach and yet unattainable…..”. Yesterday’s blog must have answered the statement partially….
Regarding Mona’s query with regards to “Soul laughing and enjoying the moment God say’s cut etc”, “I have always emphasized that we can be happy inspite of situations. And here I meant the soul we.” We would be dealing with the entire subject for the next few days to come…….in detail. So hang on…..
Ravi’s e-mail ……. Well, even that’ll be addressed in the days to come………

If I answer these questions, we’ll be addressing the topic topically. But, it is better to address this issue from the root cause onwards. So, let’s understand how and when the whole game started…….

Aap khud ko dekhne ke waasthe hum ko aaina banaya yaar ne…
To look as Himself, Lord made me a mirror of Himself.

It was just one more day like this one in the council of God where all souls were just sitting. A wise Old Soul got up and said, “Lo! How beautiful, divine and complete are we! We are but Love personified!.” There was a small soul who was recently born who asked with eyes wide and questioning, “But, how do we experience it? Knowing, yes we do. But wouldn’t it be nice to experience it too?”

God smiled, “So be it! May all that you wish come true!” he said with a knowing smile.

All the souls became busy choosing what they wished to experience. They chose to be artists, players, nature and all. The small soul started to cry. The wise old soul came near it and asked, “Why are you crying?”

The little soul replied “I want to experience Being and giving unconditional Love. But, since none is choosing to be bad, how can I experience to give unconditional love?”

The old soul thought for a while and said with the smile on his lips, “Don’t cry. I’ll choose to be a very mean, selfish and a crooked person in your life. Then, you can forgive me for what I am and yet love me in spite of me being so bad. This way you can BE and experience giving unconditional love.”

The little soul jumped out of joy. He clapped his hands and started to dance. The wise soul stopped it and said, “But, remember one thing. I am doing this out of love for you. Will you remember this when I am cruel, mean and bad to you.”

The little soul said “Of course, I’ll.” But, does it?

This of course is a story…but, the fact is we are where we are out of our own choice. We chose to be someone to experience a quality of the soul – say love, empathy etc.

Now, presume I have chosen to experience love. How do I know that I am a person who can love unconditionally? Ideally, I should be surrounded by people who are taking, taking and still taking from me – physically, mentally, financially and spiritually. I should be with all these and still giving without experiencing the pain of giving. I should enjoy giving to the hilt. Giving should be at a level where a thought that “I am giving” also should not be registered. I should have ideally given up a thought that I am giving also to experience Being Unconditional Love. With all mean and selfish people around, now I can’t complain of their nature. Can I? They are playing their roles correctly and beautifully, but it’s me who’s forgotten my part of choice and commitment towards learning this lesson – completely. No doubt, I come again and again to learn this lesson.

Jab ke tujh bin nahin koi moujood
Phir ye hangama aye khuda kya hai?
When there is no one but you present everywhere
Then what is this cry all about of separateness?

Just as the same Sun is reflected in muddy water, pool, lake, river, pot, glass, land and everywhere differently, so too it’s the same consciousness that is pervading everywhere.

Earth bears trees and thereby sustains life and the needs of life. It also takes the shape of pot, jug and other utensils. It also manifests as an artifact. Earth has a transmutation quality that converts the physical wastes into manure. It takes the dead body in its cover and releases the five elements which constitute the body.

Just as the material being same, it’s the positioning of this material which gives it the quality that it exhibits, so too the soul manifests in various forms to experience life in all ways.

If it’s the same soul, how can I don’t remember and feel divine? Where and when did I lose myself in the character that I was playing is what we’ll address tomorrow….patience my friend, as they say is virtue…so wait…and as you do the waiting do a little peeping within to find the Real You……

Leaving you to silence to go within in search of your sweet self is
revathi

PS: Few of you wanted posts to be small but couldn't shorten this topic...sorry.

7 comments:

mohan said...

Unconditional Love
"I should give without experiencing the pain of giving. I should enjoy giving to the hilt. Giving should be at a level where a thought that “I am giving” also should not be registered.

I do NOT agree.

Why can't I get such a thought and still give...? Even if i get such a thought how will the other person know...?

I cannot explain my view on this on the net as many people will misunderstand me and argue with their teacher.

pallavi said...

Dear mam it is indeed a great feeling and a gift we give to ourself by practicing unconditional love. Thanks to You Mam and Karuna Reiki which eventually helped me through a self discovery process and that’s when I learnt and also experienced the various situations that provided lessons for me to learn for this life (don’t know if there are many more?). Though they were different people (ALL NEAR AND DEAR) but all of them presented me the same lesson and to my surprise once you identify the name or type of the lesson, your relationship with that person will become better which is a Devine grace. The beauty of all this experience is it leaves you with a blissful experience once you realize the lesson you need to learn and I am in loss of words to express my experience on this. Mam though you explained us in many ways in the class and blogs I feel it is worth experiencing because it is taking us close to the Devine. My heart felt thanks to all those people in my life who helped me and helping me to learn those lessons for which I have come to this planet. Above all THANKYOU REIKI AND THANKYOU MAM…………………….. YOU NOT ONLY TAUGHT ME TO LOVE OTHERS BUT ALSO TO LOVE MYSELF UNCONDITIONALLY

padmaja said...

what i want to say has come out from my friend PALLAVI'S HEART.thanq pallavi for giving me an experience of same feeling.

padmaja said...

SPIRITUAL TONICS.
1.STOP WORRYING.WORRY KILLS LIFE.
2.BEGIN EACH DAY WITH A PRAYER.IT WILL ARM YOUR SOUL.
3.CONTROL APPETITE.OVER INDULGENCE COLGS BODY AND MIND.
4.ACCEPT YOUR LIMITATIONS.....
5.DON'T ENVY.IT WASTES TIME AND ENERGY.
6.HAVE FAITH IN PEOPLE.CYNICISM SOURS THE DISPOSITION.
7.FIND A HOBBY.IT WILL RELAX YOUR NERVES.
8.READ A BOOK A WEEK TO STIMULATE IMAGINATION AND BROADEN YOUR VIEWS.
9.SPEND SOME TIME ALONE FOR THE PEACE OF SOLITUDE AND SILENCE.
10.TRY TO WANT WHAT YOU HAVE,INSTEAD OF SPENDING YOUR STRENGTH TRYING TO GET WHAT YOU WANT.
REIKI THE PATH LEADS TO OUR DESTINY IN FORM OF LOVE UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.
THANQ REIKI AND THANQ REVATHI MAM.

suvarchala said...

Padmaja's spiritual tonic is good.One must and should can have this for their good health.As Revathi said about the giving factor not to get registered is something not practicable is what I think.It may differ from one person to person ofcourse.But only few,fewer we expect this sort.

vijayalakshmi said...

Love yourself, just as you are. This isn't as easy as it sounds for most people,
but by loving yourself you will be happier and more motivated because you will
believe you deserve what you achieve.

Supriya said...

Ah! All these years I remembered the outline of the story and kept thinking that ma’am said it to me in the class. I must have visualized her say it to me in person in those days😀.. I even confused my dear friend Radhika by telling her that it was covered in the first or second degree class 🤣🤣

@Radhika, this is one of the stories I used to talk about. Do read it and I hope you enjoy it and find value in it, as much as I did 😀

Coming back to the story, when I swapped myself with the young soul and swapped the mean people in my life with the old wise soul, I was able to develop love and raise above my fears. The key is to stay away from telling them who they are. Just let them be and work on self.

This is close to what is covered in the blog lately.

Thank you!