Saturday, April 18, 2009

Seriously Speaking!


Sing the song of Life!

Come to think of it, we started this journey to be happy and peaceful…..where did we pick up this seriousness enroute to finding happiness? Happiness is not a station to be reached. It is in the journey. The journey towards knowing the Self. And happiness is in just being…

When we get connected to ourselves, we develop sense of humour. We are amused at not so perfect things in the world. We are able to see the funnier and lighter side of situations. We stop being obsessed about perfection because we have outgrown our belief system which was set by our mind that said, “I can’t stand anything less than perfect. We keep striving towards perfection but along with it also are amused by the imperfections in characters around us and take it in our stride. Let me give a reason to amuse you today.

A letter from a Punjabi mother to her son.

My dear Jagjit,

I am in a well here and hoping you are also in a well there.
I'm writing this letter slowly, because I know you cannot read fast. We don't live where we did when you left home. Your dad read in the newspaper that most accidents happen 20 miles from home, so we moved 20 miles.

I won't be able to send the address as the last Sardar who stayed here took the house numbers with them for their new house so they wouldn’t have to change their address. Hopefully by next week we will be able to take our earlier address plate here, and that our address will remain same too.
This place is really nice. It even has a washing machine, situated right above the toilet I'm not sure it works too well. Last week I put in 3shirts, pulled the chain and haven't seen them since. The weather here isn't too bad. It rained only twice last week. The first time it rained or 3 days and second time for 4 days. The coat you wanted me to send you, your Aunt said it would be a little too heavy to send in the mail with all the metal buttons, so we cut them off and put them in the pocket.
Your father has another job. He has 500 men under him. He is cutting thegrass at the cemetery. By the way I took Bahu to our club's poolside. The manager is Badmash. He told her that two piece swimming suit is not allowed in his club. We were confused as to which piece should we remove? Your sister had a baby this morning. I haven't found out whether it is a girl or a boy, so I don't know whether you are an Aunt or Uncle. Your uncle, Jetinder fell in the nearby well. Some men tried to pull him out, but he fought them off bravely and drowned... We cremated him and he burned for three days.
There isn't much more news this time. Nothing much has happened.
Love
Mom. P.S. Jagjit, I was going to send you some money but by the time I realized, I had already sealed off this letter

Smile your way through life – Always Remember, Life is all about learning and experiencing!

And as well said, life is not worth taking so seriously! – Checkov.
ज़िन्दगी जिंदा दिल्लो का नाम है,
क्या मुर्दे भी खाक जिया करते है.
Smile all the way to knowing…

revathi

2 comments:

sonia said...

The minute we understand that whether we laugh or cry we have to live our life, we can make it easy by laughing our way through. With frowns on our faces, the journey only becomes difficult. Living even a moment becomes a pain. A happy heart only spreads sunshine everywhere it goes and even the biggest trouble fades away.
But, I cannot help thinking that if we are happy with imperfections, how will we ever progress?
After nudging myself a little, I come up with an answer. That Reiki channels work silently by taking up things from where they are and lead them in the right direction.

sonia said...

I started learning Reiki in June’08. Since then, I have noticed changes in myself. I have started being more calm and composed. Little things bother me less. Big things still bother me, but then I remember that as a Reiki channel I have to think differently. I have become spontaneous in my response with logical thinking which has always been my strong point. I think more clearly, talk less, be aware of what I am doing, try to live in the present moment and be less judgmental.

I have a few experiences that I want to share here:

• The first miracle I had since learning Reiki was in the week that I got attuned for First degree class. I participated in a debate for the first time ever and won it. I spoke before an audience of abut 100 people and more, for the first time. Naturally, I was a bundle of nerves. But when I said my lines of gratitude, I could feel myself gain confidence. Before this event, I was just another face in my department at office. After that, even people I did not know came up to congratulate me even several days after the event.

• I have been treating my small aches and pains without medicines or balms.

• After learning Crystal Healing, I have been placing a protective shield around all my dear ones and newborn babies in my apartment. I keep checking on their health regularly and have found that apart from an occasional cold or a light fever, these babies have not been seriously ill. On one occasion, I could not put the shield for some days. During those days, my husband had a bout of flu and one of the babies fell off the bed and hurt herself badly on her gums. She had to be rushed to the hospital immediately. Ever since then, I have been religiously putting the shield around all of them.

• One day on a cold winter night, I got late while returning home. All the traffic in the bylanes near my house had stopped and all the shops shut down for the day. I have to walk for 15 minutes from the bus stop to my home. I usually chant the Mahamritunjay Mantra while going to or from home. That day too I was chanting the mantra and after a while I noticed a white street dog was following me at a consistent distance. Even if it got misled for sometime, it located me and followed me at the same consistent distance till my apartment gate. I take abut three minutes to reach my flat. I remember looking down from my balcony after going to my flat and not finding the dog anywhere near there.

• Doing hands-on everyday has also worked miracles for me. One of them is: My niece, who is a school going student spends most of her time shuttling between school and tuitions and homework like most students nowadays. Thus, she has very less time to make friends and spend time with them. Her parents work, so she is left watching the television and entertaining herself till they come home. I have been taking on her body and doing hands-on for her for the past 4 months. During this summer vacation however, she has decided not to go anywhere because she now has many friends who want to spend time with her. She is surprised as she does not understand what has brought about this change. But, she is extremely happy.


• I have also been taking on my husband’s body for hands-on regularly. He finds that some troubles are vanishing even before they come to him. He also asks me to send Reiki for some intentions and is surprised that it really works. He recovers from fever and cold very soon. This has confirmed his belief in Reiki.

Reiki surgery, Green Fire Ball meditation, Symbol meditations have become a way of life to deal with negativities and blockages in my system. Sometimes, I do not feel like getting up in the morning, but I have to, then I do the Green Fire Ball meditation and wake up. All the tiredness and lethargy disappears. I feel energetic enough to face the ahead.

I hope my experiences are an inspiration for many Reiki channels to seriously start doing Reiki as far as possible. Thank u Reiki! Thank u Guruji!