Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Curse

The Curse!

An old man of the sea once said to me, “It was thirty years ago that a sailor ran away with my daughter. And I cursed them both in my heart, for daughter was all I had in the entire world.”
“Not long after that, the sailor youth went down with his ship to the bottom of the sea, and with him my lovely daughter was lost unto me.”

And now on my way to the grave, I seek God’s forgiveness.”
To this day, there is a tone of bragging in his words and it seems that he is still proud of the power of his curse!
When we talk of ill-fate of others, is there a tone of satisfaction that justice is atlast met? Are we rejoicing in others suffering in the name of justice? Are we celebrating with the statement “उसके घर में ढेर है अंधेर नहीं”?
Let’s understand this wholly that it is always between Him and them. We are no one to comment or talk of justice. We can only look within and work on to make ourselves a better human being than before. And that goodness of ours is not in relation to others in our lives.
Let’s stop being judgemental! Love is knowing all about the other and still loving them for what they are!
Learning to learn the art of love is a life long process! Let’s get hooked to this learning!
revathi

1 comment:

mohan said...

Learning to learn the art of love is a life long process! Let’s get hooked to this learning! WOW!!!

But how can we love a person whom we hate.....?

I am unable to control my anger.....I am still learning.... .....but i will try...