Thursday, April 16, 2009

And the First Flip happened....

PS: This is a bit longer post. You can copy it on to the desktop and read it as post for two days.....there will be no post tomorrow....

The How?

We are all Spiritual beings who have come to experience human experiences. But, unfortunately or fortunately we have come to believe that we are human beings who have to work to have spiritual experiences.

Now, exactly what caused this shift? And the reasons mainly are three:

  1. Our forgetfulness that we are Divine who have come to learn a lesson through an experience. This is what is classically called as “Maya”.
  2. Our sense of false separateness. The wrong belief system that says we are all different from one another and we need to fight with and against each other and also to win over others to prove to ourselves that we are successful and powerful.
  3. The identification that we develop with the role we don to play and learn our lesson which is termed as ego.

    Our forgetfulness that we are Divine was mainly necessary to make us learn our lesson correctly and to experience it to the most. Like any seasoned actor would tell you that when the character goes under their skin, they live, breathe and sleep the character till they complete playing that role. Only such performances are remembered as classics. During that shot the actor becomes the role. This blending gives the validity to the role that the actor plays.

    But, at the same time the actor should remember that He is not the character he is playing for him not to be disturbed by the role he/she is playing. Sometimes, this forgetfulness plays havoc. The actor comes to think himself to be larger than real and behaves so in the public too. That’s when they start messing up their lives. Such of actors who know the fame, love and the hatred for the character is for the character they played only and not to them develop a sense of balance both in their work and life. Their outlook of themselves and their profession is totally different.

    This identification with the character that we play is what is called as Ego. The Truth is everyone and everything is the manifestation of the same Divine. But the name and form create an illusion that we are all different from one another. Ego is not arrogance. Identification of my self with anything apart from my Divine nature is ego. The day is remember “Aham Brahmasmi” “I am that I am” I shall identify with one and all as myself. Till then, I presume I a different from others.

    And the feel, thought and belief of separatedness comes from ignorance – because we don’t know The Truth! And the Truth is :

    When he Himself reveals, Himself, Brahma brings into manifestation That which can never be seen.
    As the seed is in the plant, as the shade is in the tree, as the void is in the sky, as infinite forms are in the void –
    So from beyond the Infinite, the Infinite comes; and from the Infinite the finite extends.
    The creature is in Brahma, and Brahma is in the creature; they are every distinct yet ever united.
    He Himself is the tree, the seed and the germ.
    He Himself is the flower, the fruit and the shade.
    He Himself is the sun, the light and the lighted.
    He Himself is the Brahma, creature and Maya.
    He is the breath, the word and the meaning.
    He Himself is the limit and the limiteless and beyond both the limited and the unlimited
    The Supreme Soul is seen within the soul,
    The Point is seen within the Supreme Soul,
    And within the point, the reflection is seen again.
    - Kabir

    The identification that I make anything apart from the Truth is what is classically terms as ‘aham’ – ego. What all do I identify with?
    a) My body
    b) My thoughts
    c) My feelings
    d) My emotions – pain, hurt, frustration, attachment, anger, worry etc.
    e) My name and fame
    f) My possessions
    ….and the list goes on…

    But, are these not mine? Of course! They are. As you yourself said now ‘They are yours. You are not Them.’
    Body is yours but you are not the body.
    Mind is yours but you are not the mind.
    Thoughts are yours but you are not the thought.
    Feelings are yours but you are not the feelings.
    Not clear yet. Donkey is yours but you are not the donkey! Just the way, they are yours but you are not them. You possess them. You can experience them. You can experience through them. No problem till then.

    But the problem starts when you are possessed by them. You are used by them. You become them. Where is you? This shift happens gradually with every experience that we have and the impression we chose to carry through such of experiences..

    Every time, I have an experience I more or less carry an impression from that experience which is termed as psychic impressions.

    Suppose I plan to drink hot milk at 9 pm on Tuesday. I let the milk boil on the gas and start watching TV. At 9.30pm I remember that the milk is boiling. I rush, put if off and pour some into the glass. Phone rings and I take the call. I am lost in the talk I had over phone. I just sip the hot milk and burn my tongue. I’ll carry a psychic impression from that experience that :
    Ø Hot milk doesn’t suit me or will always burn me (So, my dislike for Hot Milk starts. I end up saying, I don’t like hot milk)
    Ø Night time I always get burnt.
    Ø Tuesdays I shouldn’t start any work.
    Ø Whenever I talk to that person over phone, immediately after that I hurt myself. I am sure that person is not good for me and my health.
    Ø So and so forth….when the fact was just that because it was hot and I didn’t blow it to become cold I burnt my tongue.

    These psychic impressions over the period of time when happens repeatedly, I develop a belief system. Belief system becomes my habit. Habits are the basis of character. Character determines the Fate and where did the Fate start? All with the psychic impression which is nothing but a thought which has left behind an impression. And we presumed all along that the Fate is written by some Old man sitting high up in the sky in the language unknown to us! So, I am the creator of my fate. Ke sera sera. As you think, you shall be, shall be! What you think is what is going to come back as an event tomorrow in your life.

    World is nothing but the figment of your imagination! And what an imagination we have!

    How the ego uses the mind game to create this world within and outside is very important for us to know. Or May I say only thing worth knowing! And this knowing happens by Looking within. Know thyself. First, let’s start by looking at our thoughts. Not by identifying with them. Just by looking at them. Just by being aware of them. This is what is starting point of looking within.

    With this Awareness start looking within from now onwards…

    Will get back by the time you get to practice it a bit……

    revathi



2 comments:

padmaja said...

Many times a thought rises in my mind and the very next day i use to see mam posting regarding my thoughts.is this a miracle or coincidence...

REVATHI said...

should i presume that you asked for a 'no post day' and i said so today.......?