Monday, August 30, 2021

Me, My Guru – on disturbed mind

 Contd....


Me, My Guru – on disturbed mind




We were silent. We were processing her words. We were looking at our actions. When our mind said “My MIL said this” immediately I would jump in to support it with proofs.

When mind said “but how can she behave so?” I would join it and eventually get angry.

My mind would say “but, what about future?” again I would experience fear based on my assumptions. My mind with its questions made me go from ego to fear to pain to suffering. 

It was a vicious circle. It took me on a roller-coaster ride. Once I sat on it, I didn’t get down. It carried me down the gutter. And I suffered – all because I got carried with my mind – not because of what my mother-in-law/kid did. It was not because of my financial insecurity/reason.

Our Guru came back and sat down. Even before she could settle we pounced on her with our questions “Guruji, tell us a technique to stop this chatter”.

Our Guru smiled and said “Do pranayamam. Those of you who can’t for any reason whatsoever – do deep breathing atleast for 15mts. Do anulom vilom (breathing through alternate nostrils) for 15 mts. Then do Bhasrika (where you close your eyes, ears, mouth and push air through nose that sounds like OM).

Meditate! Any meditation is good enough – say atleast for 15mts. Every single time you catch your mind wandering or chattering, draw a symbol, cancel that through and send Reiki for your intention.

Contd....


# Me, My Guru stories, on chattering of mind, control the mind, handling ego, energies, our presence and absence, anger, disturbed mind


No comments: