Saturday, June 29, 2024

Me, My Guru – On Narada and Vishnu – The Greatest devotee of all!

 


Contd....

Me, My Guru – On Narada and Vishnu – The Greatest devotee of all!




He is not doing it to salvage his self-esteem. And that my dear are the qualities of any good bhaktha (devotee). He doesn’t expect anything in return. He doesn’t keep count. He is not doing it to please anyone. Sadhan is a way of life for him. Sadhan is a way of showing his gratitude and love towards the Lord! Sadhan is the way he gets connected to the Lord.

Sadhan is the way he keeps himself connected to me. And in this case, by uttering my name now and then he remembers to be connected to me! And if that is not bhakti, pray tell me what is. Tell me is this not the purpose of bhakthi or any sadhan for that matter?”

Narada received his answer in silence. His pride of being “The Lord’s greatest devotee” was broken that day! Thus, he became more closer to the Lord. Our pride of being in sadhan also can be detrimental to our consciousness.”

As our Guru completed her story and explanation, we fell silent for quite some time.

Contd....

# me my Guru stories, Narada and Lord Vishnu, who's the greatest bhaktha of all, devotee, upanishad stories, Vedic stories, Vedic itihaasa, Land called India and its scriptures, stories from Indian Scriptures, attitude of devotion, devotion, devotee, loving God, Prayer, rituals and love, 

also read https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2018/01/me-my-guru-on-attachments-faith-and_25.html 


No comments: