Saturday, March 16, 2024

Reflections – on living our “some” dreams

 


Contd.....

Reflections – on living our “some” dreams




One day, I went to buy plants to donate to a temple. I was tempted to buy it for myself. That boy there recognized my look and asked me to buy a plant. I said, “Now, I don’t have space. Will come back when I shift and have space”.

He mocked me saying “How much does this plant need? It is so small. This plant doesn’t need any extra space.”

The way he said it hit me. True, that plant could fit in my palm.  

I came home and looked at the TV stand. I felt I could keep it there. Next, I noticed a computer table and I realized if I cleaned it a little, I could place a couple of those plants there. Then, there was no stopping me. I started seeing places where I could rearrange and accommodate those tiny plants in tiny pots.

I set about cleaning and rearranging things in the house. It was a huge task. I rearranged everything 10 times till I could place one or two plants at every place. A month later I went to that shop and bought 6 of those plants. I felt so rich that day!

Next, I looked at my balcony. I already had 5-6 pots. I couldn’t get more space but I was on fire. I was determined to get bigger pots now. I kept thinking and looking at gardening sites. I had a stand which I emptied and pushed onto the balcony. Now, I could get a few more pots.

That’s how my desire found its expression – little by little.

Contd.....

# living your dream, dreams, achievements, living in the moment, 

also revisit old post further : https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2016/03/il-dolce-far-niente_18.html



2 comments:

Kshitija said...

Also I remembered
Since childhood becoming a teacher was a dream to me .
Then the question came why to cry and complain about it when the dream gave me so many things in life . Lo I need to heal myself .

Kshitija said...

This post reminded me of my little gardens.
I like plants but I didn’t knew how to take care of them .
Few years back in one of the classes Revathi mam gave me cuttings of money plants , spider plant, insulin plant and Snake plant. I came home and potted them in plastic containers I had at home . Mam gave me tips on taking care of them . I watered them once in two days and they all grew well. Then I planted them in more pots . Then recently mam gave me Ajwain and aloe vera cuttings I have potted them too and I noticed they started having new leaves seeing this I felt very happy. Inspired by this I planted pudina and it also started having new leaves . Thank you mam . The garden I started with few pots spread to two small parts of the balconies of my house.