Friday, March 15, 2024

Reflections – on living our “some” dreams

 


Contd.....

Reflections – on living our “some” dreams





So, one Sunday, I cleaned ‘that patch’ and made it ‘garden ready’. I declared to all that the dustbin was to be ‘an old broken bucket and it was shifted to the other side. Elders of the house nodded their heads and laughed. They knew this was a passing fare. They amused my ‘rules’. They had decided to not bother as they nodded. Only I didn’t know it then.

There, in that place, I planted my plants – bitter gourd, beans and a couple of other plants that I borrowed from the kitchen.


I would religiously water them. When I saw beans and bitter gourd, I knew no bound of joy. I felt that I was an expert in gardening. I even imagined myself to be a ‘successful farmer’.

No internet, no books, no guidance’ to grow them. They would die after a couple of months. I would again plant something else and still work on it with equal fervor.

My love for gardening was seeded there. Then we shifted to an equally small house but with no ‘open space’ between room and kitchen now. Yet, I didn’t stop, I took to pots and failed again and again. But planting, I never stopped.


Then marriage happened!!!

No house was conducive to gardening or so I thought!

My heart kept desiring to have plants but I kept saying ‘When I have ‘X’ type of house I will have plants’.

Finally, I said enough was enough. The balcony was very small. Yet, I started with just 5-6 pots.

Again we shifted. Now the balcony was much smaller. So, I just managed with these 5-6 pots.

Contd.....

# living your dream, dreams, achievements, living in the moment, 

also revisit old post further : https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2009/03/beginners-must-know-tips.html

 


No comments: