Saturday, March 30, 2024

Me, my guru – On things that make every man great!

 


Me, my guru – On things that make every man great!




“Guruji, I want to become a great person. Tell me, how to become one?” asked someone suddenly one day.



The other joined “I want to see our Country become a great Nation. Can that happen? I see the Japanese having such great character and that is the reason I believe them to have become such a great Nation. What do we do to become so ourselves?”

“I want my child to become a great person. How do I, a simple housewife make it happen?” asked one more.



Today, everyone seemed to be hung on “greatness”. Maybe, I missed something. As ever, I had come late and didn’t know where the discussion had started and how it came to this point. And yet, the answer our Guru gave clarity to all our doubts and desires in one go.




She simply smiled, as ever and replied “Our Great Teacher, Swami Vivekananda had already given this answer long back. He said “Three things are necessary to make every man great, every nation great:

They are:



a.     Conviction of the powers of goodness. https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2021/09/me-my-guru-on-doing-good.html

b.     Absence of jealousy and suspicion. https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2022/12/me-my-guru-on-choosing-love-over-hate.html

c.      Helping all who are trying to be good and doing good.” https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2014/05/draupadi-mahabharata_18.html




The answer this time was complete. We just had to live it to make it a reality!

Concluded....

*** 

me, my Guru, goodness, great man and great Nation, National responsibility, character, attitude, good over evil

Questions addressed and points to take home:

What is pleasing need not be good?

What is good many times is not pleasing?

Are we comfortable doing what is pleasing to us or are we doing good even if it is uncomfortable to us?

Good needs to be appreciated, validated and supported. Otherwise, it will die just like a plant that dies when not taken care of. Are we just making fun of people who are good and genuine?

Are we supporting them in any way in exchange for their goodness?

Are we just getting away saying "Oh, you are so good"?

Good needs to survive if you want bad to be vanquished. Are you supporting all those who consider as doing good in your life? In what way?

What does this post teach you?


    

 

 

 


No comments: