Thursday, July 11, 2024

Me, My Guru – On karma explained – Bhagavatam

 


Continued.....

Me, My Guru – On karma explained – Bhagavatam

Tips to understanding the post"




Today, I wasn’t in a good mood. I was agitated. I was irritated. So, it took quite a bit of hard work from my end to push myself towards ‘class’ today! Honestly speaking, I was in no mood to come.” – Notice these words once again. Read them once again. Go through them in your mind. See how we stress about our emotions. And the more we stress on them, the more we feel bound by them. And those disturbing emotions stop us from doing the “needful” to come out of them – here it being either coming to class (or being in sadhan). So, don’t fall prey to these emotions that disturb you – ever! The moment you become aware of the fact that they are disturbing you, stopping you from doing the needful – do the needful – shrug yourself off these emotions. Use any of the techniques taught to you to come out of them. Become free of their hold on you! Learn to choose your emotions at your will. Learn to overcome their hold on you. That is all there is to learn to feel happy, joyous, satisfied, powerful and fearless!


But, Rahul’s phone call did the trick. He always reached me when I was low.” – Don’t read this sentence to feel pity for yourself and end up saying “But, I don’t have Rahul in my life to bring me up from my depression!!” DON’T!

Instead, think of ways of being “Rahul” in other’s life. Be that person who encourages others when they are low! Be for others! That is the secret of becoming strong!

And this is within everyone’s reach!

Continued.....


# bhagavatam, Krishna and Rukmini, Karna, how karma works, karma, one act of injustice can overdo the lifetime of good done.


2 comments:

Swati said...

Hi,

Thank you mam for elaborating on the disturbing emotions and the way to deal it.
Many times it happened with me from now on I will catch hold of it and work on it.
Will get back with my experience on this after practicing it.

Swati said...

Hi,
It's an every day fight with myself to do things and to push myself. I keep watching I keep talking to myself. And my emotions won always. My sleep won over me getting up and doing my morning routine. Sometimes I wonder why to do today can be done tomorrow and the sleep won.
Laziness has come it . Will fight with it.