Friday, July 12, 2024

Me, My Guru – On karma explained – Bhagavatam

 


Continued..... (Tips to understanding the post")

Me, My Guru – On karma explained – Bhagavatam




And the good part of this story was I went back home less stressed and relieved. This has happened so many times over the years. And yet, I still remained my brooding, complaining and excuse-using type.” – Without exception, I can say with guarantee that each one of you has experienced coming out of depression, hopelessness, feelings of despair or any related disturbing emotions when you have done some form of sadhan. And yet, like the narrator instead of taking cues from your past experiences, you fall back on your need to be in a sad mood. And there in lies the cause of our suffering – not in the circumstances or the people in our life! Understand that! Remember that! From now on, don’t let these emotions take control of your state of mind – you take control of your life. Go to sadhan in times of disturbance!

I came and sat at the back. I was late for the class – but obviously! Rahul smiled at me when I took a seat. He seemed both happy and relieved.” – Rahul doesn’t get anything. He doesn’t benefit in any way. And yet, he brings the narrator out of his state of mind – almost every time by just encouraging him to come to the class.

Don’t lecture others. Don’t argue with them about their emotions or their life situations. Just bring them to class or see that they sit in sadhan. That is enough to shake them off their mood. Joy is greater when you can make a difference in other’s life – without expecting anything in return. Try it for once!

Your good act (punya) can’t be used to negate or do away with the repercussions of your wrong act (paap).” – This is a very common way people use logic to arrive at wrong conclusions. No one can negate their wrongs with their rights! It’s like saying “I will give huge amount as charity in exchange for the murder that I committed – so why should I be punished?” This logic is accepted and propagated by the person who commits this crime or whose near and dear commits such a crime. But, would you accept the same logic and argument if the crime is commited against you or your near and dear one??? Think about it!

Continued.....

# bhagavatam, Krishna and Rukmini, Karna, how karma works, karma, one act of injustice can overdo the lifetime of good done.

No comments: