Monday, January 19, 2015

Unconditional Love



 (Does rain ever put a condition that it should be welcomed or loved?)



….contd….

When I showered immense affection on someone and that person didn’t reciprocate – on the contrary the person said ‘leave me alone’. – yes I was in pain at first. It hurt me deeply too. But I didn’t stop there. I looked at my pain and understood it. Instead of asking ‘why doesn’t he/she love me inspite of me doing so much for her/him?’, When I saw my pain, I understood my love wanted reciprocation and hence felt cheated and hurt. That meant it was a condition that was implied in my love for that person. But that person didn’t come asking for my love- so how can I put forth that condition? It was my choice and if I wished to love that person, I had to without having any conditions or stop loving that person. The second option seemed easier yet that joy ;I received loving that person was so huge that I didn’t wish to let go off that feeling. So, I continued loving that person unconditionally. When I started, my ‘love’ was binding me with expectations, conditions, anger, depression – everything painful, but now, I was free in love. I was no more bound by my love. This was a very important lesson that person taught me which helped me and shaped me and my all future relationships in my life beautifully. Trust me, world and maya doesn’t bind us, we are bound to them out of our own choice. The day we decide to ‘free’ ourselves we are ‘free’. No other person can give that freedom to us. We have to give that to ourselves. 

‘Detachment’ is not about leaving everything and going away somewhere – but it is about being untouched in the midst of this worldliness. Enjoying everything of this world yet not being bound by it.  That is the freedom we should work towards.

…contd….

2 comments:

Vaibhav said...

This is very Awesome, very fantastic...

Revathi mam, you have very beautifully explained the concept of Detachment and Un conditional love.. Short and straight..

HATS OFF TO YOU!!

Aarthi said...

Enjoying everything of this world,yet not being bound by it.tats freedom ( woooooooo).