Thursday, January 1, 2015

Sirsasan - Yoga posture






Sirsasan – Head Stand

“Can I do ‘sirsasan’? because, I remember you telling me not to…..”

Wow! Can you read that question slowly and couple of times? I sentence is a question asking ‘if you can do’ and 2nd sentence says I’ve already asked you not to!

What does it imply?
1.    

        Inspite of me telling you not to, you wish to seek a clarification if you can? God, it surely is confusing for me…….if this so, then what is the purpose of me giving an answer, because you’ll again ask the same question. That only means that you’ll ask the question till you receive the answer that you seek. If this is the case, why question me when you’ve decided on the answer. Because, if you ask wanting me to give an answer that you seek, it will not happen. I’ll give an answer that’s right for that question. And the answer cannot be ‘yes’ once and ‘no’ next time.

Here, I know the person who sought an answer didn’t mean all that, yet I am explaining that way, why? Because I know what your question meant, but you should know what your question implies. Because, others and the Nature doesn’t care to listen to you they listen to your words and they’ll understand what you’ve said or done – not what you thought. And this exactly is the cause of confusion, misunderstandings and miscommunication as we all know – these cause havoc in any relationship. So, beware of what you say and how you say! Be it verbal or written.

”Thank-God! I didn’t ask any doubts!

OR

“That’s why I don’t ask any doubts” – if this is your reaction after reading this explanation, remember, you’ve sealed your fate. You’ve accepted defeat even before trying. You are afraid of being wrong when actually you should strive to know your flaws, how to overcome then and finally ‘Be’ the person you long to be or ‘Be at the place’ you wish to be!

If you don’t open your mouth, how can I correct you and unless you know the ‘reasons’ for your failure, pain, suffering – how can you deal with it? So, a person who seeks to know will go a long way when compared to a man who is afraid of being told of his flaws. Then again, between 2 persons who seek answer one who seeks to know, is open to listening and eager to apply the suggestions and solutions will benefit more than the person who asks just for the sake of asking and doesn’t bother much about the answer.

…..contd……..

No comments: