Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Swamy Datta - The Ideal Student






….contd…..


So, how will I know if I am following ‘real Guru’ or a ‘fake one’? What will become of me if I follow a ‘fake one’?.


For me these questions don’t matter because I asked the right question. “how to benefit even from a fake Guru?”


King Yadu once found a beggar totally at peace with himself and so blissful that he was surprised. He went to that beggar and asked ‘you are just a beggar and yet so blissful and I being the king am so unhappy. Please tell me your secret. What’s that you have that gives you so much of happiness.’ That fakir replied ‘I am happy because of who I am and not because of what I have’. Then king said ‘tell me about it’ and to that fakir replied “I am a student of Nature and my 24 Gurus have taught me all that I know.”




King asked “where can I find them and how to approach them and what did you learn from then?”


Fakir replied “one of my Gurus is wasp. The wasp is said to take an insect, keep it in its nest, and keep stinging it every now and then until the insect becomes one-pointed with fear. The insect is almost meditating on the wasp in its terror, until it takes on the characteristic of its tormentor and itself become a wasp. "Brahma vidya brahmeva bhavati," ("To know Brahman is to become Brahman.") The situation is so reminiscent of Sambhrama yoga that Kamsa practised. His fear of Krishna made his mind so one-pointed that he attained liberation. So, I learnt to meditate on the name of the God from Wasp.







My other Guru is a courtesan name Pingala. One day Pingala was desperately waiting for her lover and as time proceeded her anguish increased and at a point of time she could bear it no more. At that time, she just went within (herself) and looked at her anguish and pain. She decided not to suffer anymore because of her lover and out of sheer (detachment) vairagya, dropped her attachment and turned her feelings towards God and the insight she had, the transformation she had was so profound that she became divine totally. Her story and her commitment to outgrow her pain taught me that when the realization happens, it transforms anyone completely and then he is nothing related to his past.  This I learnt from her and I also learnt how to be ‘committed’  from her.” Like this he goes on to explain about his 24 Gurus



….contd…..

No comments: