Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Poem by Diane loomans - on raising a child!




If I Had My Child to Raise Over Again (Diane Loomans)

Image result for regret quotes

If I had my child to raise over again:
I’d build self-esteem first and the house later

I’d finger paint more and point the finger less
I would do less correcting and more connecting
I’d take my eyes off my watch and watch with my eyes
I would care to know less and know to care more
I’d take more hikes and fly more kites
I’d stop playing serious and seriously play
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars
I’d do more hugging and less tugging
I’d see the oak tree in the acorn more often
I would be firm less often and affirm much more
I’d model less about the love of power
And more about the power of love.”

This is a beautiful poem that I find on "bringing up kids". Just that in this poem the poet talks about going back in time and change the way she behaved as a parent and do everything "right" this time!

Those of you who are parents 'just now' or going to be in future 'read it as what all to do as a parent'. 

May your lot never have to look back and have these regrets later in life.........

enjoy your parenting days.......

This is not just the poem for "parents" as most of you must have presumed and let it go by today......

I know most of you must have thought it to be redundant for you now and let it go by today......
Image result for regret quotes

My suggestion to you is "DON'T"

Read this poem as to understand how we 'regret not having done things right when we had time to do them' in the later part of our lives...


many times it is just a wish 'if only i could change the past or the way i lead it'...etc etc.....

instead 'take a moment and live today the way you would want to twenty years from now.......

or better still sit and think which part of your life would you regret having not lived completely your way in future and take necessary actions.......


Image result for regret quotes
don't give up on yourself, your relationships and the issues of your life just because you couldn't handle it your way till date......make the necessary corrections, see where you can better it, work on it - may be very little but still keep up the little changes that you would want to inculcate in yourself and your life.....

every small change would leave behind very little regret in future....

Image result for regret quotes


don't quit on yourself.......

and as reiki channels you want to motivate someone apart from all other things you do, do 'reiki' for them.......

remember - sadhan, sadhan nothing like sadhan.......



Questions addressed :

Why we should follow doing the 'right' thing when it is easy to give up?

Understand that the fight between regret and discipline, discipline wins now and regret stays for life!

Why taking care of body is essential?

also reads :

https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/search?q=quit

https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/search?q=taking+care+of+body

https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2013/01/me-my-guru_17.html (read the next link too)



2 comments:

Mona said...

I have a doubt. People talk about the evil eye and ask me to put black marks or black thread on the baby. However, I feel babies are divine (actually God like) and so positive that they don't need such protection. What is the right way to think about this?

Aarthi said...

Wooooo,pure& healthy
Specially for me.
(Friendly request,newly mothers read this blog if possible ,chala bagundi....)