Sunday, January 18, 2015

Freedom in Love






…contd….


Family members who had immense hatred for me taught and showed me what hatred would do to a person. They were ever engrossed in thoughts of me – of hurting and hating me. They taught me single-pointed concentration. I knew it was possible to be thinking a lot about one person only all the time if you are continuously thinking about the attributes and qualities of that person on and on. Only condition in my case was I was to think about ‘The Ultimate’. Not only this, they also taught me what ‘love’ is. To love a person who praises you, likes you is anybody’s job but if I can love a person who hates me then I’ve learnt to ‘love inspite of his character’ and not ‘because of his character’. That was freedom for me. Because, then my feelings were not dependent on his attitudes and behavior towards me. I practiced it and trust me it gives you a power that can’t be explained. Here, by power I don’t mean the one that we use to wield on others but the one that frees us. It is not impossible. If I can, so can you. It’s easy if you decide to become free. You just have to put it to practice. Just shift the focus from asking questions like ‘I am good to him and yet why he hates me?’ type to seeing good qualities in other person. See the other person as a mirror who’s reflecting your draw-backs and as a facilitator who’s helping you to overcome them. Trust me, it’s easier done than explained and argued.


….contd….


1 comment:

Vaibhav said...

This indeed is a very wonderful point mam..

"See the other person as a mirror who’s reflecting your draw-backs and as a facilitator who’s helping you to overcome them. Trust me, it’s easier done than explained and argued."

I cannot say that I have bought this fully in my life.. but yes after becoming a Reiki channel.... Listening, understanding what others are saying about us & trying to inculcate it in our lives if its a good thing .. this habit has improved..

Thank you Reiki!
Thank you Guruji!!