Thursday, August 15, 2024

Me, My Guru – Guru who gave back youth to his shishya!

 


Contd....

Me, My Guru – Guru who gave back youth to his shishya!




Guru smiled with pain and replied “I am not letting him go because he is so good – both in studies and as a person. I can’t imagine living without him. So, I couldn’t let him go. But, as you pointed out, I need to suffer his separation and let him go. Go send for Gautama. I will relieve him today”.

Gautama came and stood before his Guru with folded hands. He was 70 years 70-year-old man standing in front of his Guru. Guru’s eyes teared up seeing his beloved shishya. He said “You are to pass out with other students today. You’ll leave the ashram today. Go collect your belongings.”


Gautama bowed to his Guru and turned to leave. His guru stopped him and asked, “Don’t you want to know why I took so long to let you go?”

Gautama replied with folded hands and head bent “You must be having a valid reason”.

Guru’s eyes were filled with tears of joy. He was filled with love for his shishya. He hugged his dearest Shishya tightly and said “I bless you to regain your youth. I also give my 16-year-old daughter’s hand in marriage to you. You’ll leave the ashram as the youth. Go lead a life worthy of yourself”.

Gautama was just as young as his friends were when they left the ashram. He went on to become a great teacher. His ashram became very famous and many pupils passed out of his ashram.

Contd....

# Me My Guru series, Ravana, guru's grace, on grace, qualities of the shishya, attitudes, humility, seva, 

also read suggested https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2019/09/on-teachers-day.html


No comments: