Friday, May 8, 2020

Me, My Guru – On disagreement




Me, My Guru – On disagreement


One of the truest signs of maturity is the ability to disagree ...“But Guruji, I trust you and respect you too! But I can’t accept many things that you say. That irritates me and I lose my temper because of that. Don’t expect me to blindly accept all that you say like others! I can’t!”

That was Vaishnav venting out his long, suppressed anger and frustration. Though he had tried to say it with a forced smile and in low tone, his anger was evident for one and all to see!

“But when did I ask you to accept or follow me blindly?” she replied calmly.


Barack Obama Quote: “I will listen to you, especially when we ...

“I wouldn’t have done so. If someone who expected me to heal him came to me and misbehaved so, I wouldn’t be so good to him. If someone to whom I had given or taught anything useful (as Reiki and knowledge in this instance), I wouldn’t take such nonsensical behaviour from the person. If the person misbehaved with me, I would simply show him the door and push him out of my life’ said Murali.

Quotes about Agree To Disagree (77 quotes) | Opinion quotes, Agree ...
Most of us agreed with him. Yes, we wouldn’t tolerate anyone who misbehaved with us. Especially, in this situation, when she never ill-treated this guy. She had only given knowledge, Reiki and why, even food, when she need not have done so at all. We think twice before giving any of these, without any expectations, to even our family members. And yet he…..still she was answering him. He was a fool for not receiving what he didn’t deserve from her. 

And she was ‘good’ beyond repair to have tolerated such behaviour so far!

“But so many of your explanations are painful to me!” he cried out. 

Contd......

# agreement, expectations, conditions, trust, agree to disagree, relationships, respect, answer and question, Guru, discipleship, 

also reads suggested : https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/search?q=agree+to+disagree 

Points to understand : 

  • What you say is important. But from where you say, with what emotion and what center you say makes it right or wrong!
  • When you have an answer in mind even before you ask your question, then what is the point of asking the question?
  • Don't ask a question if you are not ready for an answer. Answer is not going to be 'what you want to hear'. If the person to whom it is posed is balanced, good and without any personal agenda will give an answer that is 'right'. Right need not be one you are expecting to listen!
  • Answer doesn't hurt you. It is your expectation from that person. If you want him to say what you want to hear, then don't ask for an answer. Ask him to mouth the words you wish to hear! Simple! Keep it simple!
  • Trust is when you know that the person has given the 'right answer' with your higher good in mind. Trust is in the intention of that person. Trust is that the other person is not going to exploit you just because you seek his guidance!
  • Question is one where you ask seeking for an answer.
  • When you demand an explanation it doesn't qualify as a question!
  • When you seek an answer it is not your right!
  • To answer you is not the other person's duty. It is a favour that he does on you when he answers your questions - first understand that!


    Questions answered :

  • What is an expectation?
  • What is trust?
  • Why does an answer hurt us, give us pain?



No comments: