Monday, February 20, 2017

on feedback etc....





Contd....

“Opinions are mine but I am not my opinion” I’ve said it like million times. Yes, opinion is mine but it isn’t ME! Why? I have changed my ‘opinion’ on a subject like trillion times since birth. So, if you disagree with my opinion, so be it – because even I may disagree with my opinion tomorrow. So, what is this fuss about ‘you insulting me by disagreeing with my opinion?” The day we understand this point, we’ll be free in our relationships. Yes and then fear will give way to respect, love and comfort. Unfortunately till we reach that ‘comfort zone’ of thinking, we have to suffer ‘dishonesty’ and ‘silently gulping our disagreements’ in our relationships which comes out as ‘oh, you won’t understand?’ statement in the fit of anger.

So, first work on self and then start applying it with others.  Start disassociating with your opinions but don’t hold grudge on someone who doesn’t agree with your point of view. Just look back. Few years back, would you have believed if someone said “I get bus by doing reiki?” Have you not had change in your way of thinking? Has your stand not changed on atleast few issues? Then you were on the other side of an argument and today you are on this side? Take a pause and think.....make a short list of such of things. (Sharing here is an option not a compulsion. But you please, make one for atleast yourself!) And only then move on with this reading...........

See, you’ve had change of perception. That means you’ve let go of one opinion and caught the other one. It is the sign of a person who is growing and alive. Gandhiji used to say “Only dirty poodles and stagnant minds breed dirty worms”. Yes, a person who is alive – mentally is ever changing and that is a very important sign of his mental and spiritual outlook/ life. 

contd.....

1 comment:

Madhumita said...

Yes, changing opinions is not fickle mindedness, it's a sign of intellectual growth. Nothing was made to be stagnant in this world. Even pristine and clear water turns harmful when stagnant.
I was an atheist till the time I experienced God firsthand in the second degree reiki class. So, when I meet people and sometimes they go like "is reiki like magic?", "I don't think there's any God", etc obviously I understand their confusion, although I might disagree with them.
Short list of opinions which thankfully changed-
1) There's no God
2) Yoga is for old people
3) People who meditate and renunciate, are basically lazy and don't want to help their families