Friday, February 3, 2017

Need for feedback.....





On feedback, appreciation and human wants........


(This article is based on recent comments posted.....i just wanted to share thank-you and few thoughts on thoughts shared by few of you.....)


My English teacher – Ms. Susheela Prasad, God bless her, was a wonderful soul and an excellent teacher. She would complete a session and ask “have you understood?” and there would be dead silence in our class. Not a leaf moved. And she, after waiting for two minutes would say “your silence could possibly mean two things. One that you understood every word of what I taught and two that you didn’t understand a word of it! I hope your silence doesn’t mean the second!


Yet again one long silence in the class!


“Good God, can’t you atleast answer for this?”


We would still be silent. Then out of sheer desperation she would call out my name and ask “What about you? Did you or did you not understand?”


I would meekly get up nod my head and reply in a weak voice “I did, teacher!”


“Then, why didn’t you say so?”


Thankfully bell would ring and save me every time. I never answered that question of hers!


No other teacher asked us so. So, only Ms. Susheela Prasad ended up suffering our silence for years.


I’ve heard many artists say that they hate playing to silent crowds. They love the crowd that participates. Then, I didn’t understand it much. Now when I post, post after post and get no feedback, I realize my karma (of school) is getting back at me. I get to teach to the walls as my teacher would always say!


Trust me; feedback is the only thing that can keep me going and doing this job 24/7. Feedback always doesn’t mean “you are great maam” et like. I am not fishing for compliments here. 


contd..........

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"I do not concern myself with being unique, and I do not concern myself with success. I feel I just do and say what I am supposed to. I do not know where it comes from. I go where I am told, and I just allow whatever it is to come out."