Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Me, my Guru Teachers – Everybody





Me, my Guru


Teachers – Everybody



We had assembled one hour ago and yet the class hadn’t started. Well, we didn’t have any regular class as such today! We decided to come for some session. We thought we could ask few questions and get our answers and so had planned today’s session. It wasn’t planned in advance. Just yesterday at around night 8.30pm when I told Rahul about my ‘off’ he suggested this idea and I jumped at it. Immediately, after checking with her we passed messages to 20-30 other students who usually preferred coming for such sessions. I even knew few of them to take ‘off’ if they knew of such sessions. About 20 of us could make it today! And all had come on time at 9am sharp. And they found her sitting under peepul tree in her courtyard. So, others arranged chairs and
mats under the tree assuming the session to be here! But, she hadn’t opened her eyes yet! She was meditating and seemed oblivious of our presence. Seeing few of us grow restless, Aziz started to share his experience “I had a beautiful learning experience with our Guruji just couple of days ago! I happened to come to her place and she was watching ‘Koffee with Karan’ TV show. It had Salman Khan as guest. I was bit amused to see this. She asked me to join her. I did. After the show, I asked her ‘Guruji, I never thought you of all would watch a show like this. It’s really surprising!”


She smiled her usual smile and giving me a glass of water said “What you look at doesn’t define your character, but you see does!”


I was sort of zapped. Now what was that? Not knowing where to begin my thinking, I sought her help “I am sorry. I didn’t get it.” So many years had taught me one thing for sure! Anything she says has more layers to it than what it seems at first impression. So, long back I had picked up this tool of pleading ignorance and seeking her explanation even when I understood. And it helped me everytime. What I understood was always just tip of an ice-berg and she always came up with few layers below it while explaining. And my experience and faith had
taught me one more thing! That her no explanation was complete by way of explanation. There always was more to come. She gave us just enough to tease our thought process and when we reached that point that she showed, she would project a picture which was much more enticing and challenging. And we walked towards it with new excitement only to realize that it was again, just one more mile stone. She didn’t do it with any ulterior motive – she was forced to because of our limited understanding capacity and willingness to accept that which we didn’t see or believe till date! Today was just one such experience for me – again!


“Did you hear Salman Khan’s statements? What did you understand?” she asked cutting through my thoughts.


“I didn’t notice much. Moreover, it looks too filmy for me to watch or notice such programme” I replied being fully aware by now that I had missed something good in it worth learning.



“During this show, Salman said he was travelling once with one more star and he right from flight to car was showing Salman his new ‘navigation system installed in his house’ – how by remote he could open his curtains, put geyser on etc. After hearing him out, Salman cooly said “I have it since 25 years in my house”. The other star was shocked “how come? This is the latest and I am the first to install it in my house. O.k. show me yours” Salman simply picked up his phone, called and said “Jaffer open windows etc, I am coming. See no need to remember password ever!” The look on Salman’s face was priceless as he said “it’s simple. Don’t know, why people complicate it so much”.

..contd...

No comments: