Thursday, December 22, 2016

Me, my Guru Teachers – Everybody





...contd....



“O.k. But I still don’t see any thing amusing here” I said. “He is the super-Star of India worth millions and he doesn’t complicate things just because he can afford it. He keeps it simple. He’s sensible enough to ‘be simple’ and yet practical. I see people always changing phones every quarter or six months because the new one’s around the block. No one questions “Is it necessary for me? Is my need fulfilled by the present one?” we all want to keep up with the Johns. That’s all! We don’t buy what we want, we buy what “we ought to buy” which is predecided by the company’s Ad and peer pressure. Where am ‘I’ in the picture? And then I complain ‘I’ can’t live my life? Which life are you talking? Even the idea of phone you buy is programmed by others. So what are you complaining about? Know yourself. It’s not wrong to buy. But do you know why you buy? If the super-star in his hectic life can maintain that balance, why can’t we?”


“I didn’t see that much in that answer of his” I said a little ashamed.



“Then listen to this. He lives in a single bedroom apartment inspite of being such a huge superstar. He hasn’t moved out to posh localities after becoming a super-star. So, rare to see in people! “Less is more” so effortlessly showed by him. That shows how unassuming he is!


He said one more thing “once at around midnight Manish came to do gyming. He had 3 films then and was doing 3 shifts and it was only since a week it was so and he said “God! I am so tired. Give me a break”. When his picture released and didn’t do well all 32 films that he had signed were gone too! That stuck with me. So, I never say I have lots of work. I never want a break or vacation. I have made my job my vacation, so I don’t go on vacation”. A super-star who can retire and relax understands the joy and importance of work. And people who envy him and such successful people wish they had more leisure and less work! How can one be successful, famous and rolling in riches if all they want is ‘leisure’ and no work? Just look at or listen to any successful person – they are ‘love’ their jobs! They all say they ‘desire’ to work 22hrs/day – be it Late CM – Jayalalitha, Indira Gandhi, Ambani, Ratan Tata, Bill Gates, SRK, Amitabh, A.P.J.Abdul Kalam or Baba Amte. Whichever, field it may be, to be successful and at the top only secret Mantra is “work, work and more work”. So Sohail
Khan in that interview said “The more you work, more luckier you get”. It’s true of Salman. I and Arbaaz didn’t put in that much of effort and so we are when we are Arbaaz added”. If Salman comes from shooting at 2am, he hits the gym. He doesn’t excuse himself saying “God, I worked so hard today, I’ll take a break today. These small things give big results over the years. I too have started doing it since two years and now I see the results. There is no short-cut to success other than hard-work!” so simply put by the people who were born into stardom. They didn’t get what they got easy. They worked for it! They deserve wherever they are! They earned it. When we look at other’s success, instead of crediting it with their hardwork, brush it aside as their luck, genes etc and when it comes to our work, we suffer with self-pity. We don’t believe that we each have to work to fulfil our dreams – whatever it be! But when it comes to hardwork, we ‘shun it’. Why? Doing reiki is so simple and yet we find excuses not to do it every day. When these stars can come home after hectic schedule and still hit the gym, why can’t we do reiki before hitting the pillow? Commitment – that’s lacking and that shows in our life and life-style.

...contd....

No comments: