Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Me, My Guru





Me, My guru


The other day I said “I just wish she talks about Shiva and Parvathi next class. From the moment, I’ve heard that Chanda pose that question I’ve been curious to know. These questions did prop my psyche so many times, but I had forgotten them even before I had framed them properly in words. I am glad she came up with these questions. Our Guru always says “There is some good even in bad moment or time and some good even in the worst of men”. So true! Chanda’s nature drove us all crazy and we were highly irritated because of her. But even she came up with such wonderful questions! Impressive! Even person benefits us, it’s just that we don’t tend to either notice or validate it in light of his negative quality or action”.


“Are you ready with an answer then?” asked Aziz excitedly. “What answer?” I asked surprised. “She said, she would answer that question only if atleast one of us tells why he wants to know?” replied Rahul.


“How does it matter? Moreover, I don’t know right answer” I replied a bit confused.


“You don’t need to know the right answer” replied Rahul. “She is not going to correct your question. She is just going to answer to your question”.


“What difference does it make?” Priya asked with curiosity. “Let me give an example that she gave”.


“When someone asks me “where do you stay?” I ask why? Some say ‘just like that’, then I tell name of my city or locality depending upon where I am. But if they say “I want to visit you once” then I give landmarks near my place and my timings as to when they can visit me. Don’t you all do that?” she asked. I felt it was right. We answered depending upon the person who asked it and the reason as to why they asked it!


“If they say ‘we are looking for flat/house @ X for rent/purchase. Can we afford one in your area?’ They my answer will also include advantages and disadvantages of staying in our area.


If for a simple question, the answer changes depending upon the poser of question and the reason, don’t you think I need to know your question correctly before answer it?


What is moon or describe it,  is a question, I can answer differently for a toddler, child, high-school kid, a science graduate, astro-physicist, astronomer, religious person or a spiritual person. Just because I know so much about it doesn’t mean, I vomit everything to the toddler or a high-school kid – right?


“To each unto his own!” I can maintain that or do justice to it only if you pose your question clearly. So I am asking you to question it your way, for me to answer. Your question would aid my answer”.


We were silent for some time – we were applying it in our various situations to see how our answer varied depending upon the question. Yes, question was important for the answer. I need not worry or fear of posing a question to her. She wouldn’t find fault in that nor would she ask questions on that. She would simply take that question to throw light on this issue – that’s all!


This realization sort of eased us and me especially! Now I was ok with raising a question. It’s just that I didn’t know what I wanted to know. So couldn’t frame it properly.


Being as lazy as I am, I hoped some blessed soul would give out answer to that question of hers “why do you want to know or what do you want to know?”


But others silence proved one thing to me. I was not the only one mentally lazy – so were many of my brothers and sisters. But it was to be so; we would never get an answer. Why can’t people be more curious and eager to seek the answer and pose a question to her?


Whoever did it this time would receive a box of sweets – no, a chocolate, well just doing reiki would be enough for that person!

concluded......

No comments: