Tuesday, December 13, 2016

On love - Bhagavatam





...contd....

It’s only the coward who keeps shouting that they fear none and that they are brave.

The wise are silent. It’s the ignorant who tries to impress with his knowledge. It is he who tries to prove to all of his intelligence.

And the funny part is that their followers make more noise trying to prove their worth. Gold doesn’t make noise, it’s the copper that does.”

We all laughed at once and she stopped with a questioning face. We just laughed for full 2 minutes and Chandu’s face was worth watching. Poor kid, she didn’t know where to go. Unable to take it anymore she got up and left in a huff. Her exit generated more laughs. Our Guru smiled looking at us. She knew we had done some mischief and she checked us with those lovely eyes of hers but her smile never left her lips which had lit her eyes by now.

Before leaving Chandu said “If you ever tell about Shiva and Parvathi, let me know. I am not interested in Bhagavatam. I’ve heard it so many times. If you know anything about Lord Shiva & Mata Parvathi's Love?  Why does Matha has to assume so many forms and then meet Shivji so many times? I mean first Sati & Shiv & then after so many years of separation they again meet as Parvathi and shiv etc.. Why does not this happen with other gods/demi gods? Also I don't know by which name or avatar she was before Sati... I see most of the serials showing/telling stories from Sati as starting part.. But why do they separate so many times & why only them? If you can give answers to these questions, I’ll attend such session”

“Ofcouse, I would if you told me why you are interested in knowing that. Why did this question bother you?”

Not having the answer to our Guru’s query she blurted “So you are saying you don’t know that. Ok take time to research and when you get the answer, let me know, I’ll come for that class” shaking with anger.

“I didn’t say I didn’t know, I am just saying that I’ll answer when you answer my question” replied my Guru calmly.

“How does it matter?” asked Chandu bluntly.

“The day you give the answer to my question, I’ll immediately start explanation” was our Guru’s answer.

“But you didn’t ask such question to people who asked other questions” she enquired haughtily.

“Yes, because those queries didn’t need that question but yours does”.

It was then that Chandu left in a huff.

“But Guruji even we would be interested in knowing answer to her questions. Can you tell us?” we pleaded once we came back to our session – mentally.

“Ofcourse, I’ll. Just answer my question. Why do you want to know?” she said with a smile. We didn’t have any answer. We exchanged glances and found us wanting in answer and she waited and let us rake our heads for that answer for sometime. She left us for sometime. 15 mts later she came and seeing us sit with heads bent, she knew we didn’t have any answer, she continued “take your time, the moment you give that answer. I’ll answer immediately. Just reframe that question as what exactly do I want to know or something like that! Maybe then, you’ll get an answer”. We nodded our heads and she continued with her explanation.

...contd....

No comments: