Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Me, My Guru – on pain despite being good!

 


Me, My Guru – on pain despite being good!   




“Guruji, why do we suffer so much pain despite doing good and being good?” asked one among us. (https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2015/05/is-it-enough-to-be-good-or-right.html)

“You or for that matter no one suffers because he is good. His suffering comes from “wanting a good name”. Be good, do good but don’t try proving it. And lo! Your pain is no more there!” our Guru replied. (Read the comments in the link to understand better : https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2018/05/on-goodness.html)

“Do you mean to say that we are to be good and not be bothered when people misunderstand us or call us bad? But, isn’t getting a bad name painful?” asked the other. (https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2014/01/me-my-guru.html)

“Not if you are sure that what you did and are is “good” and “right”. A person can manipulate, lie, pretend and get a ‘good name’. But, he can’t be good! (https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2015/04/duties-of-good-husband.html)


Similarly, if you don’t have a good name and are not understood as good, is it that bad?

Think about it. Are you interested in being good or being called good? Why are you being good in the first place? Are you doing this to please others in your life? Is it a way to gain some recognition in your circle? Are you here to create an image of who you are?(https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2014/05/draupadi-mahabharata_18.html)

Sit with yourself. Ask yourself all these questions. And then you will find your answers. And from that answer, you will find the cause of your pain and suffering. And then, you are intelligent enough to know what to do next.” Saying so our Guru left us for the day!

We sat till evening at her place discussing this matter and others that came to our mind. We felt we used our time well.

But, none of us actually sat to look within. We didn’t take time to meditate on this topic. That was for another day! For today, we were very happy with ourselves and the way we spent our day!

Concluded....

*******

# being good, good name, image and reality, on pretenses, honesty, integrity, character, cheating, manipulations, ego, illusions, being real, right and wrong, 

Question time:

How did this post help you or guide you to know yourself better?


4 comments:

Kshitija said...

The way the blog posts have been given included in the post is very helpful. Initially when I read I was blank but going one by one its slowly going into me . Wow so many belief systems to break.

Aparna Deshpande said...

I will try thank you ma'am with lots of love and gratitude 💕💕💕

Swati said...

Hi,

My life was in complete mess. O thought a lot and then realised I have to be worthy enough to receive blessings so to increase my worthiness I started doing hands on and the meditation said by mam. I wanted to become worthy and come out of my mess.
Started regular hands on.
Completed 4cycles still continuing it. Life changed completely, things fell in place. I kept thinking I am doing so much healing and I am unable to see the results like mam says or like others have got etc. I definitely got the results but not what I was thinking or expecting. I had certain expectations after listening to others. I started doubting my way of doing healing.

Today there was some situation. It made me realise nothing has changed, it was with reiki I changed completely.
People around me were same, I either accepted then or ignored to what they said or took them lightly.
I did good accepted what people said, said to myself let them say it won't bother me much.
I want to say two things
1. My healing has helped me to ignore all what people said and how they treated me. Things are same but healing has given me strength to face it. It helped to to react better in today situation that happened. But feel very broken today. It made me realise healing helped me to stand strong to what people said or how they treated me. It has helped me in many ways, I didn't react to today's situation in a wrong way otherwise it would have to a disaster. Reiki helped me to calm down and helpled me to handle the situation. Still very long way to long in this healing and to increase my worthiness.

2. I still feel the pain most of the times. Not because I am trying to prove to something. It's just that after doing so much I don't get the results that I am expecting. I am Talking with regard to people and not healing. I don't get a proper treatment. When such thing happens I remember what mam says it talks about them and not about you. Said this to myself many times but it still hurts and still gives lots of pain some times.

Kshitija said...

My dear swati congrats for the way you have handled the situation. Kudos to the new you