Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Pain

 

Pain




Pain of any kind, if we suffer in our life, know it to be good.

How can pain be good? Which pain is good? No one wants pain, so how can getting something that we don't want be good?

Agreed, no pain is good - per se!

No one wants pain - right and understandable and rightly so too!


Getting what we don't want can't be good as it is - but, it can be good if understood right and applied right. Confused?

well, suppose I am experiencing some sort of physical pain. It certainly is not good. Right? Why? Because it leads to me suffering because of it. When we look at what happens to me or how pain effects me, then it is not 'considered' good. It can't be considered good too from that level and angle. 


But, now try to see the same from a different angle. Let's suppose, I am crying, angry, frustrated etc because of pain in my life (physical one). Then would it solve the issue? No!!!! In fact, it may only increase it...and I may end up dealing with psychological pain too now....

Contd....




# pain and suffering, relief from pain, on choices and pain, situation is real suffering is optional, cause of pain, awareness, condition and expectation and pain, beingness, mindfulness, 

also read suggested : https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2009/04/on-pain.html 


What does this post teach you?

How did it help you?

How could you apply it to your situation?

Situation is real, but suffering is optional, does it ring any bell to you. Have you applied it - ever? If so, when and how did it help in dealing with pain and ultimately coming out of pain?

 

1 comment:

Kshitija said...

Thank you very much . Actually since the time at school yesterday I picked an emotion of anger and was not able to understand why my thoughts were travelling . I felt discomfort in my thoughts and it was an uneasy feeling that I was feeling internally. Today morning as soon as I woke up I first saw the blog and found the post then I sat and went back where did I pick it I understood I picked it at school . The did my rebirth meditation with anger and got to know that I need to heal the situations so doing that . Thank you reiki . Thank you guruji