Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Reflections- On Cleaning – 2

 

Reflections- On Cleaning – 2




I had wanted to clean my balcony windowsill since long. The very thought kept nagging at the back of my head – all day long – every day since it became due for cleaning. And yet, I would say “I’ll clean it later since this work is more important etc etc" 10 times a day.

Today, I set aside all other works and decided to clean it. First, I had to go to my downstairs neighbours and intimate them that I would be washing my balcony grill. This was to avoid creating any inconvenience to them. The water wall falls into their balcony while I washed my balcony grill. You see, they could’ve put some edible for sun-drying or they had hung their clothes and so on. So, I always made it a point to tell my neighbours living below our floor of my such activities. Today was no different.

Then, I saw the ‘disgusting piles of garbage’ on the grill. This was one of the most ‘putting me off this activity’ cause. But, today, I was so clear in head that it didn’t bother me at all. I took an old broom to clean it. The one I use to sweep house can’t be used for this purpose. How can I let that broom sweep the indoors after touching all that was on balcony sil. This old broom was the discarded, ragged one that I kept just for such purposes. I dusted with it and it hardly took 10-15mts to push all that I loathed off the sil. Next, was to just put water there. I did. And lo! It washed on its’ own. It was that smooth. I didn’t do anything except pour water on it. The rest was taken care of by water.

Contd....

# outer world reflection of inner world, on cleaning, cleanliness and happiness, abundance, attitude, little nothings of life, mundane routines of life, spirituality in day-to-day life activities, perception, awareness, mindfulness,

also read suggested : https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2013/02/me-and-my-guru.html 

On Post :

"I had wanted to clean my balcony windowsill since long. The very thought kept nagging at the back of my head – all day long –" Don't we all do this umpteen times a day...we keep postponing "doing" something. It can be a simple cleaning or making that call. It can be writing a report or making some changes in house. It can be "Being happy"!!! It can be about 'using something' as we wait for the 'special day' to come.....

In all this, we postpone 'living'. And the NAGGING - well that makes life more miserable than ever....so think about postponing every time that temptation comes your way....

"First, I had to go to my downstairs neighbours and intimate them" - If we decide on doing something, it should not be a problem to others. We should take care of that first. Let our joys not eat away others peace of mind. That is important. 

"This was one of the most ‘putting me off this activity’ cause." - There is always something or someone who is 'responsible' for us to postpone doing what we need to do. But once we decide to do it, then we realize that 'the thing' was not that big a deal! 

Try it - even things like 'forgiving someone' is easy once we decide to do it. 

" I dusted with it and it hardly took 10-15mts to push all that I loathed off the sil." - In our head, all work looks big and difficult. All times seem problematic. Our future looks bleak in our imagination. But, as you see here, it took just 10-15 mts to clean that window sil. Same is the case with life. Once you decide to move on, forgive, become calmer, disciplined, no one can take that away from you. But you should decide first....

Next, however messy our life may be now, tomorrow it will sort out fine - if only we keep making our 100% effort in the right direction with right intent and with right purpose....

This week's HW : 

Take one patch of your house and clean it - one day at a time.....

Those who can, clean the entire wardrobe or room....

By weekend we would have cleaned major portion or maybe whole of house too.....

Let's compare notes and see how this cleaning helped us in our state of well being....






1 comment:

Aparna Deshpande said...

Yes I feel good about my work ๐Ÿ™‚
I am seeing the changes within.i am enjoying the changes like doing work easily with lots of cleyarite and I am enjoying that.thank you so much ❤️๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿป‍♀️๐Ÿ‘ with lots of love and gratitude ma'am ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿป‍♀️❤️