Monday, February 4, 2013

Me and My Guru





It was just one of those days when I didn’t have anything much to do .And I gave less thought to what to do on those days. Going to my guru’s place was the only choice I always made .Today was no different .I looked at my watch and it said 11am I knew my guru would be cleaning some corner of her house. I smiled .I was proud that I knew her so well .It felt good to think I knew HER.


By now I was at her gate .I opened it half expecting her voice to come across the house asking “who’s it?”But I was disappointed .I didn’t hear her voice till I reached her hall. There she was cleaning her book shelf humming a song. I stood at the door looking at her .She looked so happy cleaning her house. She was equally at ease when she was taking her classes. Now when I recollect I realized she was equally happy at both the times. That was a little surprising .When she was in class she was knowledge personified. She came alive people just lost themselves when they heard her talk. But here she was a nobody. Her work would never be appreciated or acknowledged. Her work would go unnoticed and yet here she was happily doing her cleaning. Oblivious to the admiration and adulation that she commended beyond this house.


This surprised me a bit I hadn’t realized this fact till date. She carried her success so light on herself. Amazing! The more I knew her the more I loved her.

“Are you going to stand there the whole day?” she asked. I nodded my head and smiled. Again, she didn’t have to turn to know I was standing there. I liked it. I didn’t like it.

I went in. I started dusting the articles and books kept there.

“And pray. Why that smile on that face?” she asked.

“Where in the hell did she learn to notice such minute details?” I thought.

“Nothing” I said aloud.

“That either means you don’t want to share it or you are not clear about it yourself” she said.

1 comment:

R.Vaibhav Lal said...

hmm!!!

i am just amazed how u remember all this mam??
u put it so nicely in words.....

as i read its v easy for me to picturize what has actually happened.....

the discussions which happen between u and ur guruji are really awesome

everytime i read it i do smile....

there is something very very special about all those posts which include u and ur guru.....

its always very very sweet and cute to read all those posts!!!