Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Me. My Guru





One hour and more time has flown since lakshmi had started talking about her woes. I was also leisurely decorating the flowers. I did not hurry much. If I complete fast, I’ll be forced to get up and do some other work and I didn’t like doing any work. Especially  now. Not that my Guru, asked me to do any work but she would be doing and I felt compelled to join her in doing whatever she was doing. So, many times nay every time I would simply prolong doing simple chores for hours. Today was no exception.

My Guru had explained Ramayan in 20mts to Lakshmi and had given example of how Lord Rama had faced though situations with poise. Her interpretations of the epics always fascinated me. I listened with rapt attention “But it is easy for lord to behave that way since he is god incarnation. But, we are ordinary people living ordinary lives. We can’t do that. That doesn’t fit into our life situations” shouted lakshmi.

As long as she was heard, her voice was soft and she was crying. But the moment my guru started to explain. Her voice slowly started to rise and now it was clearly sounding agitated and frustrated not at person about whom she was complaining but on my Guru.

I was a bit surprised. Not that it had happened first time. No, people were used to being rude and angry at my guru most of the time. But, because as always my guru had only love in her eyes as she was looking at Lakshmi. “Why can’t we behave in that way?” asked my Guru in the tone so soft that I was again surprised.

No comments: