Monday, February 18, 2013

Me, My Guru

....contd...

“But since we are still getting water why not fill the remaining buckets” I asked I noticed a tinge of irritation in my voice. I don’t know if she noticed too! But reply she did. “As I told you there is little shortage of water. We’ll again get it in the evening. All other works of mine is either over or can wait till then. But others require water to fulfill their basic needs. They require it more than me now. My needs can wait. But, they need to go to offices and schools. So by not using available water, I am avoiding unnecessary storage of water. So, am not filling all the available buckets. We have enough water to fulfill all our needs but enough to satisfy one person’s greed or fear”.

Having said this she went in. I sat down on rock there. “How can she think from that angle?” I thought. I had come with a question today. She didn’t preach. She didn’t teach. She didn’t even lecture. In fact I didn’t even put across my question and yet..................... and yet she had answered it by “living it”. I don’t know if Lord Rama, Lord Buddha were for real when I read about them. I found it impossible to believe that such people could ever exist. But here she was simply living these simple truths effortlessly making no pretence or show of it. Looking at her I felt if she can do it, then Lord Rama and Buddha surely must have existed. No doubt about it. If a simple women leading a normal life can live these situations so differently and effortlessly Lord Buddha and others were great masters. No doubt they could live the life they lead.

I was too shocked to move. Tear fell from my cheek. I was happy. I was grateful. “Did she even know how special she was?” I wondered. But looking at her trimming her plants it seemed a bit doubtful. I smiled. Now I knew what it meant “Actions speak louder than words...........” . I just sat there looking at her work do her routine work. How long I knew not.................... 

2 comments:

vinaynancharla said...

Tumhi ho bandhu sakha tumhi.
A Guru is the one who never us asks us any questions. He never bothers whether we follow his instructions or not but he is the one who is always there with us when ever we are in need even though we do not approach for help. He is the one who is always ready to help us,guide us and invisibly helping us in every walk of our lives.
Kshitija

R.Vaibhav Lal said...

uffff....i am just awestruck!!

this was really an awesome incident which u shared with us DEAR REVATHI MAM!!

i always love and cherish reading all those posts which include u and ur guru as i earlier said!!

this one is one of those wonderful posts u have ever made!!

just awesome mam!!!

I FEEL INEFFICIENT TO TALK ANYTHING ABOUT U AND UR GURU!!

SO SIMPLE YET SO COMPLEX.....