Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Me and My Guru

....contd....



“It’s actually very simple thing” I answered.

“And yet good enough to amuse you and confuse you simultaneously” She enquired.

“No, it’s just that I’ve seen you enjoy so much of success, admiration and respect and here you are calmly doing the mundane routine as if it were the most important work in the world. Anybody looking at you now could never imagine you being so knowledgeable. How can you be same at both the places? And yet not let the impact of one area of your life effect the other?” I blurted. I didn’t know if I had put it across correctly. But, I didn’t know to put it any other way too!

“The electricity that passes through the tube light is the same as the one that passes through the zero watt bulb. Yet, the electricity doesn’t feel great when it is flashing through tube light or feels little when expressing through the zero-watt bulb. Just like that, every role in the life has a place and purpose. We play it according to its requirement .Nothing more nothing less. So where’s the question of being great or little? My role doesn’t define me. My work doesn’t define “who I am” it just allows me to express how I wish to play that particular role in my life. That’s all every role that I play be it a teacher, friend, cook, writer etc like just reflect one aspect of my potential and personality. I am more that sum total of all the roles I play. I know this and hence don’t find myself forced to fit into the image of any one of my roles and therefore, am not bound by the roles I play. My roles don’t define me. I define my role”. 

She completed with a smile of mischief in her eyes. She meant more than what she has said. As usual, I didn’t get completely of what she said. So, getting the unsaid was next to impossible, and just few minutes before I thought I knew her I laughed at my audacity.

  My guru went to attend the phone that she received and I sat there trying to understand all that she said so casually and left. Someday, I hope to fathom her words but for now I took her leave with a gesture. I needed to go through her words slowly again and again to understand them and I started to walk my head down.......

No comments: