Thursday, February 14, 2013

Me, My guru

...contd....



“Because it is difficult to do so, that’s all! Boomed Lakshmi’s voice.

“True difficult yes I agree but certainly not impossible. And prey, where’s the fun in doing easy jobs?” she asked innocently.  “I am not saying “You SHOULD behave this way only”. My guru continued “but I am showing you a possibility. A possibility is a choice not a rule. And choice depends solely on the person.

In rainy season we get wet if we go out in rain. That’s the situation and it is the same for everyone be it a saint or a sinner. But one gets to do rain harvesting and saves water for the dry summer which is due few months down the line and is relaxed of “dry summer” tension. He has used rain to benefit him. He never complains of rain. In fact, this is the person who looks forward for rains.

The second type is the one who dances in the rain who parties in rain and names it rain dance. For him it is status symbol to conduct such theme parties. Even this person uses rain to his benefit in his own way.

The third type buys raincoats, protects himself from rain and goes about his daily routine the usual way.

The fourth type is the one who curses rain. Has to go out, gets drenched in the process, falls sick and curses rain and holds it responsible for his woes. He is the one who complains, suffers and breaks down because of rain. He loses to rain.

All the four types have to face rain. But, each responds to rain depending on his nature. The difference in their nature makes all the difference in the lives of these four types of people. Cause is the same, i.e. rain here in everyone’s life. But their response is changing the effect of rain in their lives. Wouldn’t you call me stupid if I say “Oh God, It’s raining. I’ve to get wet and fall sick now” why? Because, you know I’ve a choice of protecting myself from rain too! And I can make a better choice by knowing about my other options.

Likewise, in life we are faced with situations and people who are indifferent, difficult or different from us. But choice of type of response lies with us. Losing our peace of mind, suffering, experiencing pain is just one of the choices. It is not a compulsion. If we get to know other choices be it through a person, book, film etc. We should be ready to apply that in our life to see if it serves our purpose of maintaining peace and balance in life. It is a choice. I repeat a choice which I can make to get peace of mind. It is not a rule that should be compulsorily followed by all.

So, Lakshmi relax. I am quoting lord Rama as an example. To follow or not is your right. Even God wouldn’t question you there. But remember lord Rama is not a deity to be chanted about. He is a “Possibility” whether you want to experience that possibility or not is totally your choice. So, sit back, relax and just give it a thought! Okay?” Concluded my Guru.

She got up to receive a call. Lakshmi sat there lost in thoughts for some time, then left after intimating me that she would come next week. “Why come again when you are not open to suggestions or solutions?” I wanted to ask. But instead smiled and said “sure will tell Guruji. Take care”. She left with a smile......




No comments: