Sunday, June 12, 2022

Me, my Guru – on hole in a boat

 

Contd....


Me, my Guru – on hole in a boat




The landlord said “Yesterday, I paid for the painting job. But, today, I saw that the ‘leak/hole’ in the boat has been repaired by you”

“But Sir, that was a ‘small hole’ that I fixed” replied Satyadev.



“Let me explain what happened” started landlord. “Yesterday, I left for town when the paint dried, my 3 children took the boat for fishing. They didn’t know about the ‘small hole’ in the boat. Imagine my plight when I came back and found out what happened. I can’t explain how relieved I was when I saw them safe that evening. I checked the boat for I was confused at their safety – though of course happy about it! I found out that you had ‘repaired the small hole’ though it was not your job” so saying landlord with tears in her eyes hugged Satyadev and continued “The money I am giving is nothing in comparison to what your small ‘repair’ gave me. I can never repay you in full. This is just a token of my ‘gratitude’ – not value for your ‘small deed’.


He left man transformed!”

Our Guru stopped, took her tea and enjoyed it. We were lost in the story and our tea ran cold. And those that drank didn’t realize that they had tea?!

Contd....


# hole in a boat, on being grateful, on appreciating others little deeds of good, little nothings that matter, go an extra mile, do all the little acts of good, being human, character, honesty, giving 100%, on giving right and completely, on love, on giving, giving and receiving, secret of abundance, you receive what you receive for who you are

also read suggested : https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2021/01/stories-and-all-he-said-i-said.html 

"But, today, I saw that the ‘leak/hole’ in the boat has been repaired by you”" - There are good souls who actually do more than what they are paid for! Appreciate those who do it in the right way! Be genuine. Be real! If you don't appreciate what 'little nothings' that others do for you, you can't expect others to do the same for your job!!

When people look at others works they usually see flaws or negate their contribution or work with statements like "but I paid for them etc".

But when they are talking about their giving gifts, doing work or doing something for others then every small act or thought is also magnified. 

This double standards is the cause of 'creating karma'. This double standards is the cause of pain and suffering. 

If at all you have to have double standards, then negate your biggest acts also as 'nothings' and magnify others little acts as also 'life saving'. See the impact and the effect it has on you and your life!

"“The money I am giving is nothing in comparison to what your small ‘repair’ gave me. I can never repay you in full. This is just a token of my ‘gratitude’ – not value for your ‘small deed’." - Agreed, money can't buy everything. It especially can't return the 'favour' of the giver by any account. But that is not an excuse to get away with "hallow words". Just as you want to be shown love and affection by your family and company by kind and cash, you also show your gratitude by kind and cash.  

Remember, the way you pay back others services and affection is exactly the same way you are going to be paid for your services and affection in your life. This is karma! Simple yet painful for the one who tries to trade honesty and integrity with ingratitude and manipulative words!!!




No comments: