Monday, February 26, 2024

Reflections – on Cleaning Lady Achamma

 


Reflections – on Cleaning Lady Achamma




Once, Achamma, lady who cleans the toilet came to my place. I asked her if she had come to work. She said she had come for just 2-3 days visits from her hometown and hence couldn’t work.

I smiled and gave her what I paid her to clean the toilets. Mind you, this was given without her cleaning or doing any job. Then, I gave her a few old clothes and one new saree too as Christmas was around the corner. She said “Praise the Lord” as she received money, old clothes or new clothes. She thanks for everything “(Deva neeku sthuthi! Na thandri neeku sthuthi!) Lord, praises to you, my Father, praises to you.”

She left after eating some food.

A couple of days later, a student paid me 10 times that amount. Nothing big if it was for a class taken! But this student never attends classes or comes for any counseling. This Reiki channel doesn’t bother me with any questions. And yet, periodically he comes (after taking an appointment only) stays for ½ an hour – in whichever class that is being conducted that day, places the ‘dakshina’ (offering) and leaves. I asked him a couple of times the reason for the same. I told him “You don’t take any counseling or attend classes and yet, why do you pay?”

He smiles gently and replies “My works get completed whenever I do Reiki. So many issues get resolved and all that is because of Reiki. So!”

Contd.....

# gratitude, you receive as you give, you receive what you deserve, eligibility, attitudes, character and destiny, on giving and receiving, honesty, validating others' hard work, purity, intent and results, abundance, laws of Universe, 

Revisit old post to understand better in this subject: https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/search?q=Achchamma+-+Great+character+in+a+simple+lady+doing+menial+job%21 

No comments: