Saturday, January 6, 2024

Reflections - On cleaning – On keeping the house clean!

 


Reflections -  On cleaning – On keeping the house clean!




One desire that kept me restless for 40-45 years is this – keeping the house spic and span. Whenever I would visit any house, it never would bother me if their house was huge or expensive. Their gold, assets never bothered me. But if their house was spic and span, I would feel very bad. And the next 2-3 days all I would be doing is cleaning the house. The emotion is not that of jealousy or envy. It was sheer disgust at myself for my incompetence to keep my place so clean! This was like an obsession. This would take me to my friend’s and relative’s house too. This nature even took me to other’s place so I could clean their every nook and corner. The houses I cleaned would be disgustingly and unpardonably dirty –unhygienic. Ours was just untidy, cluttered and messy. Yet, I would put both in the same bracket and would be grumbling. I would clean their mess and come to clear up our clutter. this went on for years.


And finally, about a year ago, it finally happened. Now, this place is sorted as I always wanted. Each in its place. It is messy even now and then, but that can be sorted in 10-15mts now. Oh! What a relief when this desire was fulfilled.


My anger was based on the fact that our house was just 240sft two rooms 8X8 and 8X12 sft with 3X8 kitchen. And their houses would be anywhere between 1700sft to 2 acre mansion. They could keep such huge houses clean and why couldn’t I do that in ours?

Contd....

# on cleaning, cleaning the house, spirituality, mundane routine of life, facts of life, living life the right way, using life to become free, liberation, techniques for moksh, conducive situations to practice spirituality,

read suggested: https://kantipadam.blogspot.com/2009/04/spirituality.html 

Points to ponder:

  • I have heard people say "Maam, why should I do Vastu healing when the house I stay is rented?" and I say "The body you stay is also rented. You have to leave it and go one day, why eat, exercise and take care of it? Let it be!"
  • Even if the house is small (owned or rented), still we can choose to be grateful for it. We can still make memories in it...!!!
  • The house may be small, yet if it is yours it is better than the royal palace. The one who knows this, understands this, feels this will never feel little, insulted, cheap or sad because of his social status!

2 comments:

Aparna Deshpande said...

Very true 🙏🙋🌹

Kshitija said...

Wow . I understood the post in a different way today .
If one desire can do that then when in my case I have many desires and it hit me oh thats the reason I am restless . Let me work on myself.